Newcastle v Brighton on Sat 21 September; kick-off @ 17:30 (live on Sky Sports)

Guest covmag

On bt?

Edit: just noticed sky sports, but they haven't even added a sky sports logo beside it on my score centre app, shows how excited they are about showing it :lol:

Perfect game to broadcast, it's a quota filler.

They must broadcast all teams a minimum amount of times so this is two birds with one stone.

On bt?

Edit: just noticed sky sports, but they haven't even added a sky sports logo beside it on my score centre app, shows how excited they are about showing it :lol:

Perfect game to broadcast, it's a quota filler.

They must broadcast all teams a minimum amount of times so this is two birds with one stone.

Outside of the 'Big Six' we generate the highest viewer numbers (despite the quality on show), along with West Ham maybe, so there's never any need for us to be 'quota filled'. Hence the fact we'll be shown considerably more times that we are 'required' to be.

Wonder if that's still the case this season.

I would have thought so. Despite the general mood of apathy that's prevailed across match-going fans and the wider fan-base, folk are still going to watch us when we're on TV. I know folk in here are fond of saying "not even gonna bothering watching", but our viewer numbers will still be around what they usually are.

Wonder if that's still the case this season.

I would have thought so. Despite the general mood of apathy that's prevailed across match-going fans and the wider fan-base, folk are still going to watch us when we're on TV. I know folk in here are fond of saying "not even gonna bothering watching", but our viewer numbers will still be around what they usually are.

I'm not watching, even turned down invites to go and watch in the pub.

Last season I bought quite a few Now TV day passes as well, to watch at home.

I'm in town Saturday as I'm at a concert at The Sage but as well as not going to the match I won't even look for anywhere in town to watch it beforehand. We're just going for some bait instead. I'll check the score 2 or 3 times on my phone though.

Matchgoer over 35 years, season ticket for 28 of them. Never thought it would come to this!

The late kick off means a 2am start for me, so I'll give this a pass. My TV provider offers a twenty minute highlights package in the morning - which sure as hell beats watching Brewcie's boys enjoy a leper's arm-wrestle with Brighton at some ungodly hour...

Potentially two Aussies for the local coverage to splooge over, too. They're making it easy to not give a fuck.

Was going to go for 1-1 with two shit teams boring us with pointless football. But then I remembered they got a brainy manager in Potter who might well outwit Spongeface Brucepants.

Might be worth watching for a laugh.

I'm in town Saturday as I'm at a concert at The Sage but as well as not going to the match I won't even look for anywhere in town to watch it beforehand. We're just going for some bait instead. I'll check the score 2 or 3 times on my phone though.

Matchgoer over 35 years, season ticket for 28 of them. Never thought it would come to this!

I moved back to Newcastle from Carlisle on Saturday and initially I’d decided out of principle not to attend home matches. Now I’ll be honest it’s also due to completely losing interest. I’m helping a mate out with his race in Northumberland so I might be back in time for kick off to watch but like you I’ll probably just check the result and watch the highlights. I guess disgust at Ashley and now complete apathy has set in. 

Guest reefatoon

Down in York for the weekend. Not letting this shower of utter shit disrupt my weekend enjoyment. Will laugh at the scoreline on Monday when I am back.