Andy Carroll (now playing for Amiens SC)

Rich

I'm actually pleased for him.  He's obviously not got the body for it anymore but his heart's still there.  Least he got one more for us before he's off to the glue factory.

Yep I get that, time to move on though when it comes.

I'm embarrassed that he's at the club. Can't honestly say I'm pleased for him. Can't support Ashley's club. It's the antithesis of what a sporting institution should be.

There’s a lot more to be embarrassed about than a guy who hardly plays mainly brought in for dressing room stuff scoring

Think he was mainly brought in because he was free.

I think that him being local was a big factor. Very smart move by Ashley really, he's been knackered for years but he'll still get choruses of "one of our owwnnn" ringing round the stadium.

NUFC Steve Bruce On Carroll:

"Great finish, yeah. Andy certainly brought us to life. We went a bit more direct to him. He has given me food for thought

Explains how he got a new contract did shelvey and Richie do the same? Kebab and chips?

Newcastle United are unlikely to listen to loan offers for Andy Carroll in the January window.

West Bromwich Albion boss Sam Allardyce is keen on a reunion with his former West Ham player, but the Magpies have assured Carroll he will get the game-time he wants in the second half of the season.

:anguish:

Good to see him running around for 90 mins as much as anything else, certainly didn't think he was capable any more. His finishing was shite though, but I suppose at least he got in the right areas.

I loved his effort but can AC do that week in , no, however effort alone is not needed it’s goals .

I felt he was trying to carry the team , show them this is the effort you need to play for us, however most who you wanted to respond weren’t getting it, especially JL who in comparison was a disgrace.

We paid nothing for him so I expect very little but if his enthusiasm rubs off on say Anderson then job done.

I wouldn’t start him in most games as of course we have Wilson but if I had to pick a number 2 he’s just gone up a notch, saying that and I’m not being a kunt but we should be above this now .

Before yesterday most of us would not have him starting , that’s the dilemma with him

I loved his effort but can AC do that week in , no, however effort alone is not needed it’s goals .

I felt he was trying to carry the team , show them this is the effort you need to play for us, however most who you wanted to respond weren’t getting it, especially JL who in comparison was a disgrace.

We paid nothing for him so I expect very little but if his enthusiasm rubs off on say Anderson then job done.

I wouldn’t start him in most games as of course we have Wilson but if I had to pick a number 2 he’s just gone up a notch, saying that and I’m not being a kunt but we should be above this now .

Before yesterday most of us would not have him starting , that’s the dilemma with him

Good comment. I didn’t want him anywhere the side, but yesterday he showed that if fully fit he can be a handful for the opposition still and that’s a bonus

He got us pushing and playing further up the pitch.

Fitness has to be managed but he should be starting up too with Wilson as much as possible.

In my view the best system is with any tactical acumen something like this

Caroll Wilson

ASM

Almiron Hayden Shortstaff

Lewis Fernandez Schar Murphy

Dubravka

Nedum Onuoha gone under the radar with this one; was saying Sheff U should sign the big man  :aww: Where do the BBC keep finding these cretins

“I think because of the fact they have scored nine goals in the league this year. I think they need to bring in a striker who is a different type of threat to what they have tried so far.

“For me, somebody with a point to prove, because for the past couple of years he has not done much at all, even if it was to be a loan, is for them to bring in an Andy Carroll, so they have got an aerial threat.

“Not just to score headers in the box and so on. It means they can get the ball front to back and bring in their attacking players in a different sort of way – So, bring someone in who brings in a sense of chaos and just go for it.”