Callum Wilson: sidelined for up to 12 weeks with pectoral injury (Hope)

Strawberry

First time seeing him for 90 with us. Very impressed, quick and clever. Mark of a good player is not being in the game for huge periods but still being switched on and dangerous, you can see he'd have been ready for a late chance if it came. Then again, the way we play, it doesn't happen much. Good player though :thup:

It was mentioned today that if someone offered £30 million for him Ashley would take it, I could definitely see a Leicester, Everton or even Wolves stumping up that to push them on and that would leave us royally in the shit. 

It was mentioned today that if someone offered £30 million for him Ashley would take it, I could definitely see a Leicester, Everton or even Wolves stumping up that to push them on and that would leave us royally in the shit. 

Would do a job for Arsenal

Hard to judge him. He’s scoring the tap-ins and he’s putting away his penalties. Whether he’d do more at a better club, who knows. We might be making him look better than he is in that he’s so isolated you can’t really tell if he’s that good or not all round.

Leicester could do worse as a replacement for Vardy.

• 2 weeks later...

Probably his worst game for us.

Missed a couple of sitters and couldn't control anything.

They weren't sitters like, I thought he did ok considering it was basically him vs Sheffield's back four.

He still had moments when he tried to do things on his own.

It was worrying when his Bournemouth stats were brought up showing he only plays consistently well when he has a strike partner and it defo looks like that is what he needs right now

Guest neesy111

He's poor in the air I've noticed.  Missed quite a few easy chances in the air.

He's easily the reason how we've got to 19 points though.

Probably his worst game for us.

Missed a couple of sitters and couldn't control anything.

They weren't sitters like, I thought he did ok considering it was basically him vs Sheffield's back four.

Agree. With that formation, with that line up, with that manager he was always fighting a losing battle.

He still had moments when he tried to do things on his own.

It was worrying when his Bournemouth stats were brought up showing he only plays consistently well when he has a strike partner and it defo looks like that is what he needs right now

For all the stick Joelinton gets, Wilson is in the game a lot more when he's in there with him. He's got no striker instinct but he's decent at linking up play.

Set up to fail. Can't expect him to bury every half chance. The longer he's feeding off scraps the tougher it will be for him to rise above it and sneak something in.

Again another game where we've failed to get in behind a defence, get any planned quality service to him, or even played in to him so he can run channels.

Just hurled footballs at all evening long, all at varying angles, heights and accuracy.

He looks completely fed up and demoralised now. Given he's our only goalscoring threat when last season we had none and had to rely on defenders goals keeping us up, this puts us in real, real trouble for the rest of the season.

The poor sod has now resorted to throwing himself on the floor out of desperation to just get us the opportunity to get the ball into the box, as we can barely manage it in open play. Sad state of affairs.