Newcastle United Supporters Trust (NUST)

Alby

Newcastle United Supporters Trust (NUST)   

186 members have voted

1. 1. Have you / do you intend to pledge to the 1892 Pledge scheme orchestrated by the NUST?

• Yes
    • No

I think at least 60% of the fan base wants that now. The rest just want to continue supporting and somewhat put heads in the sand regarding Ashley. It's understandable but not the right option long term.

Sad times mate...

I don’t see why it’s so outlandish for a supporters’ trust to say “we’ll continue the functions of a trust, except that we don’t have a club we can currently engage with’. That seems fairly sensible to me and would send a very clear message that the current state of NUFC is unacceptable.

I don’t see why it’s so outlandish for a supporters’ trust to say “we’ll continue the functions of a trust, except that we don’t have a club we can currently engage with’. That seems fairly sensible to me and would send a very clear message that the current state of NUFC is unacceptable.

Yeah. "So we're going to, instead, engage with the supporters".

But why shouldn't we engage on the issues I've mentioned, sexism, racism, our fans being on the end of police brutality etc.?

We can still be very much against the current ownership and working for regime change but still raise concerns and issues with the club about these types of issues.

Personally I dont see how a supporters trust can function effectively without some sort of interaction with the club. There are two different agendas being discussed here, the ones mentioned by Greg and then removing the owner. The first needing contact with the club to have a serious influence over. As long as both items are the ultimate goal of NUST and they don't become a puppet then I don't see what the issue is. Yes they may have used the atmosphere to their advantage over the summer, but I'm sure you can get your quid refunded if that's such an issue.

Just my opinion, I dont think these are the bad guys

Personally I dont see how a supporters trust can function effectively without some sort of interaction with the club. There are two different agendas being discussed here, the ones mentioned by Greg and then removing the owner. The first needing contact with the club to have a serious influence over. As long as both items are the ultimate goal of NUST and they don't become a puppet then I don't see what the issue is. Yes they may have used the atmosphere to their advantage over the summer, but I'm sure you can get your quid refunded if that's such an issue.

:thup:

But why shouldn't we engage on the issues I've mentioned, sexism, racism, our fans being on the end of police brutality etc.?

We can still be very much against the current ownership and working for regime change but still raise concerns and issues with the club about these types of issues.

Well both are valid positions, I just think it’s more important to clearly set the fans against the club.

Also I disagreed with using the current crisis to get new members, but you’ve gotta do what you’ve gotta do I guess.

:thup:

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Howaythetoon

I have cast my 4 votes.

Looking forward to seeing who will join me (and the other two incumbents) on the Board.

Good representation :thup:

I understand it's a wider football issue, but there's a bit of a diversity issue in that list...

Good luck though Heron. I'll finally sort out my membership and vote.

Cheers mate. In what sense does it lack diversity? (Genuine question)

Just voted for Heron. Felt a bit sorry for him as he was the only one without a profile picture.

:lol:

Thank you.

It was my choice by the way. :thup:

It's not about me, it's about what I do to represent you. That's why I didn't want my picture. It hopefully breaks down barriers of it "being all about the egos" too. That's my hope.

Guest Howaythetoon

Bit of a strange one mate if I am honest, people naturally like to put faces to names.

Face for radio tbh 😉