Danny Rose (now a free agent)

Rose is very defensive and Willems very offensive so worth having both and rotating them based on who we're playing against.

Dummet could probably pretty much do what Rose does nowadays though, so not sure it's worth signing him.

I was very critical of Rose early on but he's won me round tbh. He barely gets past the halfway line which was pissing me off at first, but he's actually pretty good in possession. While he's not spectacular, he plays the sensible pass, and his defending is actually really good, seems to read the game very well, and positionally he is usually pretty good.

I thought he was coming here just to get paid while having a vacation, but I'm starting to see why he got England caps now. I think Spurs would probably be better defensively if he was there rather than the current left back.

Every time I’ve seen him Rose seems to need 10-15mins or so to settle in to a game. Once he does he grows and looks more him old self. If he wants to be here then he’s a good addition. How many big injuries has Willems had now? Seems quite a bit, might be wrong. I do like him though, he’s admire of a threat going forward than rose but not as good defensively. If the price is right on then I’d have both and move Dummett on.

I see Clyne has left Liverpool. Sell kraft and yedlin and bring him in. Clyne & Rose were good enough for England for a while, they’d be good enough for us while we transition.

Every time I’ve seen him Rose seems to need 10-15mins or so to settle in to a game. Once he does he grows and looks more him old self. If he wants to be here then he’s a good addition. How many big injuries has Willems had now? Seems quite a bit, might be wrong. I do like him though, he’s admire of a threat going forward than rose but not as good defensively. If the price is right on then I’d have both and move Dummett on.

I see Clyne has left Liverpool. Sell kraft and yedlin and bring him in. Clyne & Rose were good enough for England for a while, they’d be good enough for us while we transition.

We should be going all out for Aarons.

We should be going all out for Aarons.

I like him. I’d take both if manq hadn’t turned up this season. Some good options out there, don’t need to spend a fortune either to improve the squad.

I don't get the stick Rose gets on here.  Defensively he is great very clever, picks up fouls taking the pressure off, calm, positional great.  As for going forward I think he lets maximum do his thing and gives him the space to do it.  When maxi goes to the right manquillo often runs into his space

I don't get the stick Rose gets on here.  Defensively he is great very clever, picks up fouls taking the pressure off, calm, positional great.  As for going forward I think he lets maximum do his thing and gives him the space to do it.  When maxi goes to the right manquillo often runs into his space

Rose has turned up overweight, looked disinterested and his performances haven't been anything to shout home about.

Very good point :thup:

Noticed that issue with Manquillo when ASM was on the right.

Clyne is nowhere near the player he was, he's suffered a spate of terrible injuries.

I doubt he's even Premier League standard now.

I think he's looked distinctly average at best in nearly every game he's played for us.

I agree, even in the Sheff U win he gave the ball away loads and looked slow and clumsy. Was the only player that day to look bad.

Not a coincidence that we played our best and most fluid stuff with him on the bench at Bournemouth IMO. Manquillo looked better on his wrong side than Rose does on his favoured one, and dare I say it Krafth was steady and tidy on the other side.

He has performed well enough in defence but it's obvious he's not really motivated to play anymore. We should stay well clear (if we're taken over).

Otherwise, he can be calm and composed on the ball; has good awareness and even overweight, has good agility and pace. A slightly better Dummett basically.

He has performed well enough in defence but it's obvious he's not really motivated to play anymore. We should stay well clear (if we're taken over).

Otherwise, he can be calm and composed on the ball; has good awareness and even overweight, has good agility and pace. A slightly better Dummett basically.

Thats like saying humping Cameron Diaz is slightly better than Ann Widdecombe

Rose has turned up overweight, looked disinterested and his performances haven't been anything to shout home about.

You are right on all of those if talking about his earlier games, but he's looked a lot better since lockdown surprisingly. Don't think I'd want to sign him permanently, but there is a good player in there if he still wants a career at the top level.

Was watching one of the Newcastle youtube channels the other day and there was agreement amongst them that they would rather keep Rose than bring in a 'crocked' Willems. Couldn't believe my ears. They are absolutely worlds apart. Willems is so superior in every way, this guy isn't any better than Dummett in my view.

Guest neesy111

Was watching one of the Newcastle youtube channels the other day and there was agreement amongst them that they would rather keep Rose than bring in a 'crocked' Willems. Couldn't believe my ears. They are absolutely worlds apart. Willems is so superior in every way, this guy isn't any better than Dummett in my view.

Agreed.

Rose is both the most recent and the most English of the two, though, don't forget. Major points.

Their salient point was he brings experience..... He's been either anonymous or poor every time he's played and offered so little to the team I'd go as far as saying Ritchie & Manquillo are better left backs and they're not even left backs.

A proper club, run properly would have had Willems signed already, not only for his quality, but also to keep Saint-Maximin sweet as the two seemed to bond very nicely both on & off the field.

Guest Butcher

A proper club would never sign a player with an ACL injury just to keep another player happy.

What a load of s****.

A proper club would never sign a player with an ACL injury just to keep another player happy.

What a load of s****.

Agreed, that's a woeful point like  :lol:

Also Willems was fantastic in the games he played for us, but he's had a serious injury and there's surely questions if he'll even be the same player

I'm sure he's out until 2021 anyway, don't see why you'd look to sign him until his recovery is complete