Transfer rumours

Yorkie

Jorge Jesus would have been someone I'd love right after they'd beat us. He'd probably still do a decent job but we'd still just have the same problem we have now.

Aye. I have my heart set on Benitez. In many ways there is literally no other manager in the world that would be better for us and what we need right now. Someone that can rebuild the clubs infrastructure, and build the club over time. No one else would have the patience, knowledge, dedication. The problem is of course Ashley won’t let that happen, meaning that while he is perfect for what we need, it’s all hypothetical. So while I like Jorge Jesus and particularly his style of play  anyone else would be a let down.

Yep, he's more than earned the opportunity to build something here in his image and I tend to feel that, if he isn't given the chance, why would any other manager (with actual pedigree) be treated any differently?

Read a rumour today that Newcastle and WBA are discussing a 6 man swap deal. :lol:

Gayle, Murphy and Hayden for Rondon, Livermore and Gibbs.

:lol:

I can see Ashley making this arrangement permanent. Every time one of us gets relegated we can just swap squads with the other.

There's a very good chance discussing transfer rumours is entirely moot, but I have to say I liked seeing this in the Beeb's gossip page:

Newcastle boss Rafael Benitez wants to sign Burnley's 19-year-old English forward Dwight McNeil, as well as two Bournemouth midfielders - Scotland international Ryan Fraser, 25, and 21-year-old Welshman David Brooks.

There's a very good chance discussing transfer rumours is entirely moot, but I have to say I liked seeing this in the Beeb's gossip page:

Newcastle boss Rafael Benitez wants to sign Burnley's 19-year-old English forward Dwight McNeil, as well as two Bournemouth midfielders - Scotland international Ryan Fraser, 25, and 21-year-old Welshman David Brooks.

Yes please. All three.

As we all know though, won't happen.

Either Rafa goes and thus all transfer rumours are irrelevant, or Rafa stays (proving something in Ashley's thinking has changed) in which case these are the kinds of transfers we might pursue.

Just as likely that these sorts of names in the press comes from Rafa's team - signposting the kinds of players that fit into his idea of the "right way" - and is part of the political games Rafa will play in the next few weeks.