Transfer rumours

Yorkie

I think the reason we struggle against teams in the top 6 is because we lack real quality in central midfield. The players we have in centre midfield now are fine if you just want to stay in the Premier League, but if Benitez stays and wants to compete to finish in the top 8 of the league then we need to spend big in this position. The teams currently fighting for 7th place have the likes of Moutinho, Doucoure and Tielemans, but we have nobody anywhere near that kind of quality in centre midfield.

Guest covmag

Read a rumour today that Newcastle and WBA are discussing a 6 man swap deal. :lol:

Gayle, Murphy and Hayden for Rondon, Livermore and Gibbs.

:lol:

Imagine Hayden would feel a bit hard done by if he’s aiming to move to the south and only makes it as far as Birmingham :lol:

Unless I’m mistaken he wants to be near to Bristol so a Midlands team are the best bet as he could get a house in Gloucester

contemplated whether to stop reading when it was suggested Arsenal was preparing a £20m bid. Stopped when it was suggested we would use Ritchie as "bait" in a part exchange deal as if they would be keen to get him back.

Some of the names we’ll be linked with I reckon we’d have been happy enough had they followed the likes of Allardyce or Pardew.

A new manager this summer though means we’ve not shown ambition by giving Benitez what he wants in the first place. I don’t think it’ll be a Sherwood or Wise like some are saying is inevitable. I think we’ll get someone with a decent reputation and track record. It still won’t feel right though.

Some of the names we’ll be linked with I reckon we’d have been happy enough had they followed the likes of Allardyce or Pardew.

A new manager this summer though means we’ve not shown ambition by giving Benitez what he wants in the first place. I don’t think it’ll be a Sherwood or Wise like some are saying is inevitable. I think we’ll get someone with a decent reputation and track record. It still won’t feel right though.

Probably right.

Fraser is worth more than £20m in this market. No chance.

What’s his contract situation?

1 year left. Hence Bornemouth likely having to sell for around the price being quoted.