Sean Longstaff

xLiaaamx

Best player on the pitch today. And I’m shocked at his development, he seems to be getting better every game! These sort of things don’t happen to us at Newcastle. I don’t know how to feel.

He'll have been sold before you can clarify your feelings, don't worry man ;)

First time I've seen him play football today, he's decent, executes the basics better than anyone we've got in that position and nearly always makes the right decision. We've got our midfield Dummett, just hope he pushes on. Got a feeling he might.

Really wanted that shot to go in :(

MoTM for me today. He is just immense. Surely he cant keep this up? Wait he could actually get better than this :o

Certainly premature for the senior team but will be nice to see him in the u21s. Shame woodman isn't getting the game time to warrant a call up too.

Also although it's the wrong place have to credit Hayden too who has built up a great partnership.

MoTM for me today. He is just immense. Surely he cant keep this up? Wait he could actually get better than this :o

Certainly premature for the senior team but will be nice to see him in the u21s. Shame woodman isn't getting the game time to warrant a call up too.

Also although it's the wrong place have to credit Hayden too who has built up a great partnership.

Southgate will be monitoring his progress - no doubt about it.

First time I've seen him play football today, he's decent, executes the basics better than anyone we've got in that position and nearly always makes the right decision. We've got our midfield Dummett, just hope he pushes on. Got a feeling he might.

This is such a horrendous comparision. Longstaff a much more natural footballer.

Wish he'd scored that curler

Would have been mint like.

If that had gone in and rondon had converted that sitter he would be a national talking point this weekend. So close. Keep this form up and the national plaudits are a matter of time. Pundits are already on it.

This is such a horrendous comparision. Longstaff a much more natural footballer.

Yeah, weird sentence. Longstaff has all the attributes needed to be a successful PL midfielder, Dummett doesn't have all the attributes needed to be a successful PL full-back.

I think he means dependable squad player from the academy...

That's a disservice to Longstaff because he has all the makings to be more than 'dependable'. He's good enough on this form to play first choice.

That's what he is currently.

Dummett has never once looked like he’s someone capable of being a first choice Premier League full-back. Longstaff looks like he belongs here.

This lad has real talent for what he does. He could be a top player, in a good side, in a few years, he has the potential to be a star. Don’t understand some of the comments I’ve read on here, I’m really excited by what I’ve seen so far. This lad looks the real deal for his position.

Our midfield Dummett? You're this board's Joselu...

Our midfield Dummett? You're this board's Joselu...

Ouch.  :lol:

Genuine question; how many on here have seen him in the flesh playing? His stats are a fantastic, he gets all over the pitch, he finds space, he doesn’t panic, he has a range of passing and he reads the game. The amount of second balls he picks up is so impressive; he is the pivot in our midfield and he is the player the team look for in tight situations.

He may not be eye catching but I really do believe he has a chance of being a top player.

Genuine question; how many on here have seen him in the flesh playing? His stats are a fantastic, he gets all over the pitch, he finds space, he doesn’t panic, he has a range of passing and he reads the game. The amount of second balls he picks up is so impressive; he is the pivot in our midfield and he is the player the team look for in tight situations.

He may not be eye catching but I really do believe he has a chance of being a top player.

Agree fully