Rafa Benítez (unemployed)

Greg

Would you have Rafa back?   

463 members have voted

1. 1. Would you have Rafa back?

• Yes, as manager, immediately
    • Yes, as manager, but at some point in the future (eg if relegated)
    • Yes, in an advisory or DoF role
    • No, not in any meaningful capacity

This poll is closed to new votes

Celtic, Wolves or Leeds (depending on Bielsa resigning) seem the 3 likely next steps for him.

Wouldn't interpret this as him being likely to move on?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.skysports.com/amp/football/news/11715/12225837/leeds-united-marcelo-bielsa-happy-to-wait-until-end-of-season-for-contract-decision

Think Wolves would be mad to be thinking about ditching Nuno as well. It's like the first bit of dodgy form in however many years.

Celtic, Wolves or Leeds (depending on Bielsa resigning) seem the 3 likely next steps for him.

Large Spanish core at Leeds, isn't there? Might make things easier, for him. Celtic would allow him to bring in his own team. Not sure about Wolves, they seem to have their own set-up which seems to work, it could appeal, but it might be a bit hands-off for him.

Wouldn't interpret this as him being likely to move on?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.skysports.com/amp/football/news/11715/12225837/leeds-united-marcelo-bielsa-happy-to-wait-until-end-of-season-for-contract-decision

Rafa comes here til the end of the season, before leaving for Leeds?

If he ends up at Celtic or anywhere else, it would give me some kind of closure in regards to the takeover here. I do believe, albeit just a very tiny bit in me, saying that Rafa knows what is going on with the takeover and once it is approved, he would come back. If he goes anywhere else, then I really don't care to follow any developments about the takeover until it happens (if ever it does).

If he ends up at Celtic or anywhere else, it would give me some kind of closure in regards to the takeover here. I do believe, albeit just a very tiny bit in me, saying that Rafa knows what is going on with the takeover and once it is approved, he would come back. If he goes anywhere else, then I really don't care to follow any developments about the takeover until it happens (if ever it does).

Rafa might have somewhat more of a direct line to the buyers but right now the only updates will be coming from Mike Ashley’s legal team. It’s anyone’s guess what will happen. I’m not holding my breath as far as Rafa is concerned

Rafa might have somewhat more of a direct line to the buyers but right now the only updates will be coming from Mike Ashley’s legal team. It’s anyone’s guess what will happen. I’m not holding my breath as far as Rafa is concerned

Bit silly thinking Rafa's future is in any way indicative of where we stand with a multi million pound takeover by one of the richest sovereign wealth funds in the world.

He may well be their first choice but I'm confident they'd be confident of having a plan b.

Bit silly thinking Rafa's future is in any way indicative of where we stand with a multi million pound takeover by one of the richest sovereign wealth funds in the world.

He may well be their first choice but I'm confident they'd be confident of having a plan b.

Wouldn't even dream of plan B if they can't get their act together to force through plan A.

Was reading something Kieran Dyer had just said, apparently we were all getting fed up with the football Rafa produced and it was time he went.

That's the complete opposite of reality, it's utterly bizarre where these idiots get their nonsense from.

I lost interest and love for the club when Rafa left. I started to detest the club once they appointed a person I have hated all my life, as Rafa's replacement, not because he was a manager of Sunderland previously (please understand this you f***ing pundits), but even way before that I had hated the man. Just look at that clip of him with Dalglish and Keys. What a disgrace. Stop talking as if you're a Geordie (tell yer dad this you w***** Alex!).

I could totally ignore that we were owned by a fat cunt sports shop owner when Rafa was here because I wanted to enjoy supporting the club again. Now? I just want us to lose so Bruce and Ashley don't get any praise and recognition for supposedly running and managing the club well.

. I am with you every step of the way. I have always hated and despised Bruce throughout his so called managerial career

Was reading something Kieran Dyer had just said, apparently we were all getting fed up with the football Rafa produced and it was time he went.

That's the complete opposite of reality, it's utterly bizarre where this idiots get their nonsense from.

Kieron Dyer really is thick as mince

That's the complete opposite of reality, it's utterly bizarre where this idiots get their nonsense from.

Played for the club for years under one of the greatest managers ever, know the club and what the fans want and still produce shit like that. Crazy.

Large Spanish core at Leeds, isn't there? Might make things easier, for him. Celtic would allow him to bring in his own team. Not sure about Wolves, they seem to have their own set-up which seems to work, it could appeal, but it might be a bit hands-off for him.

Leeds would be a good geographically for Rafa personaly, but not sure how he would be received after Bielsa. He's got a pretty opposite philosophy about how the game should be played.

Played for the club for years under one of the greatest managers ever, know the club and what the fans want and still produce s*** like that. Crazy.

Can’t stand hearing Dyer, Jenas and Bellamy talk about our club. Always missing the mark, and grinding their axe against us. Souness must have really done a number on them all, as they were privileged to play for an incredible man and manager, play in the CL and play in front of some amazing crowds at SJP - but they’ve rarely got a good word to say about the club, fans or city.

Of those three, the one I can't understand being bitter is Bellamy as he was a fan favourite here. I get that he would be pissed at Souness, but he just seems to have a problem with the club as a whole.

Of those three, the one I can't understand being bitter is Bellamy as he was a fan favourite here. I get that he would be pissed at Souness, but he just seems to have a problem with the club as a whole.

He divided opinion a lot of the time. Always had a chip on his shoulder and I can imagine him thinking he was unfairly treated. Which he was by Sounness, he just seems the type to put it all in one bag and hate the bag.