Shola Ameobi

Keefaz

Will always maintain that he had/has the ability to have been a really good player.

Just a lazy player though, never put any effort and as a result he's fucking useless. Talent will only get you so far, unfair really that there are people out there who'd run through walls to play football for a living when players like Shola don't bother their arse.

He'll do as a back-up for Carroll for this season though, I suppose.

Basically, is there anything to salvage from this wreck?

No, he's got worse as he's put weight on and bulked up.

Bulked up how? He doesn't look fat like Nolan. So if he's got bigger it's in relative proportion.

How on earth can you hate Shola? The man's cool as ice :lol: Don't see why people are moaning about his performance against Accrington, didn't play particularly well but scored and at the end of the day that's what he's paid to do. Always seems to pop up with a goal when we need one. Daft thread tbh.

How on earth can you hate Shola? The man's cool as ice :lol: Don't see why people are moaning about his performance against Accrington, didn't play particularly well but scored and at the end of the day that's what he's paid to do. Always seems to pop up with a goal when we need one. Daft thread tbh.

The Accrington match motivated me to create the thread, but it's not the prime reason, obviously, rather it's his shambling performances in a B&W for nearly a decade that did it.

I'm not allowed to slate him anymore :(

Girl at work is quite good mates with him and his wife and she hates people slagging him off - which I'm glad she said that, as when she originally mentioned him I was about to launch into a rant about his shitness :lol:

His sister Titi is fucking mental btw. He'd be a bit better if he had some of her energy and charisma.

The Accrington match motivated me to create the thread, but it's not the prime reason, obviously, rather it's his shambling performances in a B&W for nearly a decade that did it.

Bit of an odd one to target. Obviously he should have been sold ages ago before we briefly lost our PL status. Still he's a fringe player, and I think he knows it now, who scored some important goals last year and seems to be fairly decent at finding the net. Injuries have been Shola's main problem, had the potential to be a very good player early on but staying fit has always been a challenge.

Bulked up how? He doesn't look fat like Nolan. So if he's got bigger it's in relative proportion.

Shola doesn't look fat, it's muscle and it seems to restrict his movement.

Yet he's been described as too languid in this same thread.

Aye. He's lost his agility and become even slower and more predictable.

Guest VegasToon

I'm not allowed to slate him anymore :(

Girl at work is quite good mates with him and his wife and she hates people slagging him off - which I'm glad she said that, as when she originally mentioned him I was about to launch into a rant about his shitness :lol:

His sister Titi is fucking mental btw. He'd be a bit better if he had some of her energy and charisma.

:lol:

I think you need to look the word up, mate.

I think you need to look up perspective in the same dictionary mate.

Fail.

Fail.

Fail.

We never had enough quality at the club and lack of inj to totally freeze him out and that is still the case today. That's how he's survived.

Basically this. Looking back he's always got games because of player's injuries. Always seems to put on a bit of form and earn himself a new contract when it matters aswell.

Tbh, I don't hate the guy anymore, I've basically just accepted he'll be still at the club when he retires. :lol:

Fail.

Fail.

Fail whale.

http://joietamkin.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/twitter_fail_whale.png