Plane spotting

Nobody

Am I alone in not getting this planewatch thing? Or am I, as usual missing something?  It seems like the equivalent of watching the motorway and updating when a nice car reaches the sliproad

Ooh Lexus just pulled off the m1 heading for the m25 

So what? I'd there more context to this?

It’s just escapism from the harsh reality of life.

Am I alone in not getting this planewatch thing? Or am I, as usual missing something?  It seems like the equivalent of watching the motorway and updating when a nice car reaches the sliproad

Ooh Lexus just pulled off the m1 heading for the m25 

So what? I'd there more context to this?

It’s just escapism from the harsh reality of life.

It's also mildly addictive :lol:

Guest carpetman1

Agreed, mofo. No arguments! What we need here, if need is the correct word, is access to air traffic control conversations. I believe there is no legal way to listen over the net, but a scanner should pick them up. Of course this may lead to "ATC ITK's". On another note, NATS have a few animations they did a while ago on Youtube, showing the flight paths etc, they're a canny watch.

Agreed, mofo. No arguments! What we need here, if need is the correct word, is access to air traffic control conversations. I believe there is no legal way to listen over the net, but a scanner should pick them up. Of course this may lead to "ATC ITK's". On another note, NATS have a few animations they did a while ago on Youtube, showing the flight paths etc, they're a canny watch.

https://www.liveatc.net

No idea if any UK airports are on there like  :lol:

Btw most of these planes are tracked by ADS-B which can easily be turned off (also, I've read that some plane owners contact Flight Radar and ask them to not include them on their site)

Got a GLEX out of Farnborough heading north.  Hope he doesn't go to fucking Middlesbrough.

https://www.flightradar24.com/GLEX/24a30dc9

It’s just a flight radar admin posting ghost flights as a wind up man.

Needs to start descending soon unless they're parachuting into SJP.

Going to Aberdeen by the look.  Must be sorting out some oil stuff while they're up here to announce we've signed Messi.

https://www.liveatc.net

No idea if any UK airports are on there like  :lol:

Btw most of these planes are tracked by ADS-B which can easily be turned off (also, I've read that some plane owners contact Flight Radar and ask them to not include them on their site)

When I was a yoot in the 80's my old man had a portable radio for listening to ATC and pilot conversations, he used to sit in the garden and tune in to flights landing and taking off at Newcastle. Was back in the days of Dan-Air

Reubens like Embraer jets apparently.

Aside from their vast property interests, the Reubens took a new direction in 2008 when they acquired Oxford Airport , a business airport 40 miles northwest of London . Shortly after the purchase, the airport was named the new base for a fleet of Embraer 100 Phenom, a Very Light Jet (VLJ). The brothers are said to own more than a dozen Embraer Legacy jets themselves.