Newcastle 0-3 Leicester

Mike

Guest godzilla

What's the general feeling on the attendance today?

Just caught a glimpse of Maddison's goal and there appeared to be plenty of empty seats in the Gallowgate.

.com say over 52K, but I saw a fair few empty seats in the Leazes and East Stand (from TV)

Cheers BG.

52K didn't pass through the turnstiles, I would say.

No chance there were a few patches of seats scattered around.

Crowd: 52,178

:yao:

Of course it was.

All football clubs report tickets "sold" rather than the number of people actually there. It's the way it is done for some reason.

Think it's a PL (and EFL) rule that the published attendance has to be the number of tickets sold/distributed. Enhances the interest surrounding the brand of the bestest superest league in the world ever.

Fwiw in theory the "real" attendance is also recorded and provided to the police, safety advisory group etc.

Pennies starting to drop ?

me and the kids decided to give the game a miss today. first time for me in years.

it was a lot easier than i thought it would be.

thought i'd change my mind last minute, but not a single pang at all. no last second change of heart by the kids and begging to go.

i know, i know - he's already got our money , but it was just a lot easier to do than i thought it would be.

I hang my head , i attended my 2nd free game in 9 yrs today , but actually happy i did as it cemented my stance to never make any contr8butions to the club or ownership ever again.

It was like buying tickets for a xmas pantomime then get locked in a room with leonard cohen for 6 hrs instead.

Well done Huss9

Hopefully, this is the last season you give him your money and regardless of whether he has your money for today, your lack of attendance will be noted in the actual figure that they will be aware of and will have also added to the visual element too; it was clear that it wasn't a full house.

I completely forgot this was on until close until half time. We were 2-0 down. So I left it on through the halftime and saw the goals. Then the players started coming out for the second half.

Players taking their place on the bench, Andy Carroll in particular joking and laughing with teammates even though we were two goals down.

As soon as Schär went off I muted it and went back to building duplo with the bairn. Much better use of my time.

If the players can’t give a fuck why should the supporters.

TBF to Bruce he definitely didn’t tell Lejeune to play risky passes across his own box :lol:

What do you think Bruce instructed him to do in those situations?

No idea, probably haven’t covered it. I despise Bruce, I’m just saying this was an individual error.

• 2 years later...

Was up for this one. Bought a ticket because I had given up my season ticket that summer. Sat in the Irish bar beforehand…and just never moved. Ended up completely pissed. Couldn’t even seen the tele from where I was sat. 

Ugh. Why would you bump this? It was more or less around this game when I've been at my lowest regarding the club. Perez had scored after being booed for no reason, Maddison celebrated his goal in front of the Gallowgate and Choudhury scored. :lol: I remember because we picked up 4 injuries and 4 players had to go off we played the entire 2nd half with 10 men, already 0-2 down and just hoping they took mercy on us. Watching them just knock the ball around their back 4 under no pressure whatsoever in the closing stages is probably the worst I've ever felt as a Newcastle fan; that Leicester fucking City, a club who in Ashley's first season of owning us were relegated to League One, had come up, moved lightyears beyond us, won the league, were in the top 4 and had the freedom of SJP being 0-2 up. Was just so depressing.

Why've you bumped this man, fuck off :lol: