The Mike Ashley Era Time Capsule

Minhosa
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Oh there's another one - we once didn't buy a player on a permanent deal for FOUR CONSECUTIVE FUCKING TRANSFER WINDOWS.

I think this was my actual Final Straw. I know a lot of people would say Keegan, but that was so early on in his ownership, if he wanted there could have been a way back after that.

This period when we went 4 windows without signing a permanent player is the early seeds of the second relegation and IMO arguably the period that was most indicative of Ashley's intentions and how he saw the football club.

Of course when Rafa came in, some sort of hope was there, but deep down we all knew it wasn't real.

John Carver with the thickest answer I've ever heard following one of the many, many defeats he presided over:

Journalist: "Well John, on a scale of 1 to 10, how frustrating was that today?"

Carver: "It's probably more like a minus 10 to be honest with you"

Remember when Carver said that he wished he had a team of 11 Jack Colbacks.  :lol:

From the same interview that I mentioned above that one, he also then says Williamson got sent off on purpose for the hattrick. :lol:

John Carver with the thickest answer I've ever heard following one of the many, many defeats he presided over:

Journalist: "Well John, on a scale of 1 to 10, how frustrating was that today?"

Carver: "It's probably more like a minus 10 to be honest with you"

:lol: Fucking hell.

I'd say we've been run like an amateur football club but that'd be so harsh on amateur football clubs.

• 2 weeks later...

After reading the whole thread back to front, i am bewildered that some fans prefer Ashley over Amanda and co.

Bewildered :lol:

Did you read the posts about Ashley dismembering folk and bombing kids?

I couldn't decide so I put it down to the moments I was most embarassed to be a fan, and even to the point of walking away.

Rafa leaving was definitely straw that broke the camel's back moment. I said 'I'm done' - once that happened.

Other times were:

Treatment of Ben Arfa (our best player at the time and why you'd pay to watch)

Kinnear association

Carver period

One of the ones not listed for me was the almost sabotaged loss of reputation and status. After Keegan rebuilt a club that was on its knees, NUFC were always considered a big or important club. Even in not so successful seasons, we could still attract players and there was a level of prestige.

In my lifetime of supporting, NUFC have never had quite as many journeymen and 'honest pros' as during Ashleys tenure. To the point where it's no longer considered on the level of Spurs, Everton etc (all clubs we've been above for most of the PL era) and now on a par or trying to compete with Bournemouth, Brighton, Burnley, West Brom and even considered a 'yo-yo' club. How does that even happen without chronic negligence?

The biggest myth of all is that Ashley is a good businessman - but what good businessman sees commercial revenues go down under their watch at a time when there's never been more money in the game?

The biggest myth of all is that Ashley is a good businessman - but what good businessman sees commercial revenues go down under their watch at a time when there's never been more money in the game?

:thup: Not the thread for it I know but honestly this riles me so much. Will be one of my favourite arguments to go when this fat fuck finally leaves.

Really could've had his cake and eaten it as far as this club and SD is concerned and yet it seems he just couldn't allow it due to his pathetic ego.

See also 'Ashley doesn't care what we think/do you've got to have thick skin to have gotten as far as he has'.

That time we had the simplest "takeover" accept from the richest consortium ever put together or a from easily rejectable dubiously sourced party - drag on for at least five months and still nobody being any the wiser about whether it will happen and almost everybody was bored to lobotomy levels by it all.