The Mike Ashley Era Time Capsule

Minhosa
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Getting to the point where I was more unhappy to score a goal than concede one.

*He’s here forever post*

There was a class one of one guy not celebrating when we beat Man City away in the LC

Nicky Butt overhead kick.

:lol:

Search Youtube 'Nicky Butt overhead appreciation'

After that win at Fulham I was optimistic about things. We’d ended the season well, all the noises were about Rafa staying with Rondon number 9, then the fakeover stories. Within 2 months we had no Rafa, Perez or Rondon, Bruce was manager and Ashley still here.

I find it interesting that the Rafa thing stings so hard.  Surely, we should had all hope beaten out us long before that.

He re-ignited it, we dared to dream again, what football was all about was personified in Rafa.

I find it interesting that the Rafa thing stings so hard.  Surely, we should had all hope beaten out us long before that.

He re-ignited it, we dared to dream again, what football was all about was personified in Rafa.

exactly, he dragged me back from the brink of the dark pardew years where i'd more or less stopped watching any football at all

Massively unpopular opinion here, but one of the most frustrating aspects for me was that I actually think he was quite close to getting it right (on a footballing level).

He was just too stupid to f***ing see that.

Guest reefatoon

Sort of see what you are saying actually. He surrounded himself with complete morons who just made things so much worse, he then got loads of stick (rightly so), hoyed his toys out the pram and decided to be the absolute c*** we know so well now.

I mean, there were definitely flickers and flashpoints over the years when he could've quite easily recovered and been allowed to continue owning the club without any further protest. But that never happened because he's a relentless thundercunt.

Guest reefatoon

Wonder how it would have went if he had brought the right people in early on (when he was always in the away end etc). Keegan in charge with actual football people above him. He could have just sat back, enjoyed his trips out away and let the football people take care of the rest. He could have had it so easy really and just decided to royally fuck it up, the useless twat that he is.

Had we employed that manager who was familiar with the buy cheap sell high method, theres no reason we couldn't have done well.

There are plenty of clubs who have that model, these clubs dont employ, Alan Pardew or Steve McClaren though and that was the key for me.

Sort of see what you are saying actually. He surrounded himself with complete morons who just made things so much worse, he then got loads of stick (rightly so), hoyed his toys out the pram and decided to be the absolute c*** we know so well now.

It was the Pardew years for me, because we were signing quality players (albeit for the wrong reasons) and I always thought that had someone with experiences of that model been in charge, then where would we have been if he'd actually reinvested the money rather than pocket it?

Guest reefatoon

Ashley had already checked out by then though. He was already on the path of “how much of a cunt can I be”

Guest reefatoon

Yep. He fucked it up early by just not understanding or having a clue what he was doing, then that changed to him doing it out of complete spite. Can’t wait for that day when he has officially gone.

Wonder how it would have went if he had brought the right people in early on (when he was always in the away end etc). Keegan in charge with actual football people above him. He could have just sat back, enjoyed his trips out away and let the football people take care of the rest. He could have had it so easy really and just decided to royally fuck it up, the useless twat that he is.

Yep.

Massively unpopular opinion here, but one of the most frustrating aspects for me was that I actually think he was quite close to getting it right (on a footballing level).

He was just too stupid to f***ing see that.

I think what history will show is just how thin skinned he is for a billionaire.

He massively chucked his toys out of the pram when the fans turned after Keegan and, having been embarrassed by the northerners on national TV, went on effective revenge mission that didn't fuck his investment.

In the end, you'd have to say he won, we all fell out of love with our team and he cashed in with a very healthy profit.

This is why I'm 100% certain he'll buy back into football. He wants to be loved. Wants to be a hero to people. Needs his ego massaging.

He will want to 'succeed' elsewhere as a dig at us.

He's also massively into taking damaged brands/goods and making them good.

I honestly think that's why he could never shake the 'Carroll coming home' idea. AC was fucked but MA would've loved to take him back for a year, get him fit, sell him for £5m and prove to the world he could polish turds.

That is what he gets off on.

I do wonder, if he went again at say Sunderland, just how much of the learning he'd take from us and apply there. Part of me thinks he'll only do it his pig headed way, the way he knows has worked financially, but part of me thinks he probably realises and deep down acknowledges he's fucked up so many things here that he'd be more measured and potentially more engaging elsewhere.

Make no mistake, he hates us as much as we hate him iyam.

Im more annoyed that you can only tick 5 options.

Sorry - next option was 10 and I thought that might overload it a bit.

Have to say the results are really interesting and slightly surpising imho.

10 still wouldn't have been enough. I ticked the first 5 without even realising I'd used up my quota. :lol:

10 still wouldn't have been enough. I ticked the first 5 without even realising I'd used up my quota. :lol:

:lol:

Problem I had was that I could make an argument for over 25 of them that fucked me off personally :lol: :lol: :lol:.

So the borehole was a massive success! :lol:

I've probably said "final straw" before during the last 13 years, but for some reason my interest in/love for the club remained at some level. However Rafa leaving was actually the final straw for me. The only connection with the club after that was this board and its posters basically.

Objectively looking at it that is far from the worst moment of Ashley, but subjectively that is what got my vote. Wasn't aware I could vote for more than one though.