Rafa In or Ashley Out?

Wullie
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Just an interesting hypothetical question for a day with a real paucity of decent football.

Would you rather:

a) Rafa walks next week, takes the Spain/Valencia/Everton/Forest Green job, decides to get a job in Tesco, whatever. A week later, Ashley decides he's had enough and sells up - take your chances with a new buyer, who will then be tasked with finding a new manager.

or

b) Rafa stays next week, Ashley reiterates that he's staying too. This does not discount the possibility that Ashley will simply fuck Rafa around before next season even starts, it's not a guarantee either that Rafa will see his contract out. Just simply Rafa going forward under Ashley.

Rafa in for me. If he stays it clearly indicates a change in direction from Ashley, however late, however reluctant. I'll never forgive Ashley for what he's done, never. But over the last few matches with Rafa in charge, I've fallen in love not only with NUFC again but football too.

Supported for 25 years and so much of the last 10 have been about anger, disappointment and frustration. If Rafa is our manager it makes me hugely proud to be NUFC again. When it's such a huge part of your life, similar to HBA leaving, it's so hard to see people like that leave. It would feel infinitely worse if Rafa left.

Ashley going would be incredible, but who's to say we wouldn't get another Ashley? An Allam? An Oyston?

After 10 years of a lot of ill feeling towards the club I love, I forgot what it felt like to not go to a game not giving a shit about the outcome. Now that feeling came back,  it's Rafa staying for me.

In all honesty I could handle Ashley if the club was competing, as it happens I think Rafa is one of very few managers who could get us to compete, and certainly the only prepared to take on the job (providing he gets to do things his way).

It's a tough decision because ideal we would want Rafa to stay and Ashley to sell. If Ashley sold then there is no guarantee that the new owner would be any better or be able to bring in the right man. With Rafa I think Newcastle's chances of getting back into the Premier League and hopefully competing again are far greater than taking the gamble of a new owner.

Tough poll, edging towards B. When are we ever going to get a manager remotely close to Rafa's ability, even with new owners? The chance to be a project for one of the  best managers in the world imo is a once in a lifetime thing. I'll gamble on Ashley giving him the leeway he needs after 10 years of Ashley's way not working.

Such a tough call.

I love Rafa to bits but it has to be A. I don't care who the next owner is but I hate Ashley to such an extent, I just want him away from my club regardless of the consequences.

In all honesty I could handle Ashley if the club was competing,

even if you take everything so far as water under the bridge all we're ever going to be under ashley is an advert and the vehicle for the latest wretched shirt sponsor he can find

i'd much rather be rid of him forever and take our chances that we get a proper owner

Having my to constantly Chinese burn your leadership into making remotely the right choices is not sustainable going forward, so doesn't bode well for the future. Just like the 80 million people are taken by this as a turning point - I can't let myself think that however compelling. Tough one but a. We can't have nice things for long.

Would love to be wrong. Either way, this is arguably the biggest moment of Ashley's tenure. As the excellent .com column says paraphrased it could well be the last delaying tactic Ashley will ever have.

I'm surprised B has any votes, but it's winning?  Insane.

I mean, if it was included in this hypothetical situation that Ashley had changed and we'd be run properly, I'd be willing to forgive and start again.  But it's Ashley.  Doesn't matter if Rafa gets the job, he'll fuck everything up again like he always does.

Rafa is far more important than Ashley right now. He can literally save this club if given the reigns.

The end game is that Rafa brings us back up, makes us a power house and an attractive asset. Someone will want to buy us from Ashley then.

As it stands, we're stuck with Ashley until - at least - we're back in the Prem and worth the price tag he's put on us.

So easily, it's B. Rafa now, get rid of Ashley later.