Paul Dummett

Guest palnese

To be honest not sure what Silva said at half time (nor Rafa for that matter) but Everton were awful second half, so he wasn't really under that much pressure.

Did well today but we know he has his limitations. Schar suspended for next two now so be interesting to see if Dummett comes in or whether they go with Fernandez.

To be honest not sure what Silva said at half time (nor Rafa for that matter) but Everton were awful second half, so he wasn't really under that much pressure.

Did well today but we know he has his limitations. Schar suspended for next two now so be interesting to see if Dummett comes in or whether they go with Fernandez.

Absolutely ridiculous booking for Schar mind, he wants fined for that.

He was riled up man, it happens. Humans have emotions which get the better of them. Punishment is ridiculous.

He was riled up man, it happens. Humans have emotions which get the better of them. Punishment is ridiculous.

I agree

Dummett is a good player. He understands the job of left back well.

He made a great recovery challenge and almost scored too. Great cameo. Not everyone's cup of tea but I like him.

He made a great recovery challenge and almost scored too. Great cameo. Not everyone's cup of tea but I like him.

Absolutely cracking goal saving tackle in our box .

His positioning kind of caused the problem mind, at least he made up for that.

Absolutely cracking goal saving tackle in our box .

His positioning kind of caused the problem mind, at least he made up for that.

Richarlison's shite touch gifted it to him too

Dummett then headed to St Mirren and helped them win the League Cup but regular and detailed reports were sent back to Pardew - who had told the defender his career at United was as good as over.

Dummett said : "When I think I got told at 21 I’d never play in the Premier League."

After being handed an FA Cup debut away to Brighton he went to be a first team regular the next season and Pardew TWICE tried to sign him as Crystal Palace boss!

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/newcastle-united-loan-save-millions-15973542#ICID=ios_ChronicleNewsApp_AppShare_Click_MessageShare

Guest Howaythetoon

He's a good player that's why. Wasn't he captain too?

If Rafa makes you captain, you can't be bad.

He’s a good defender, but a poor footballer, better suited to CB than left-back in any system that demands he gets forward and attacks.

Guest Howaythetoon

That doesn't make sense. Why does being a defender not count as being a footballer?

In that he’s very good at the defending side of things, but not so good on the ball. Lejune is a good footballer for example, and not too bad a defender either. If he’s played at left-back or wing-back I’ve got to concerns whatsoever with the defensive side of Dummet’s game, but that role requires a lot more from him going forward and with the ball at his feet. We have a number of players with some very good attributes physically, mentally, defensively, but not so many good attributes in terms of skill, passing, technique.

Dummet, Yedlin and Ritchie most notably.

That doesn't make sense. Why does being a defender not count as being a footballer?

In that he’s very good at the defending side of things, but not so good on the ball. Lejune is a good footballer for example, and not too bad a defender either. If he’s played at left-back or wing-back I’ve got to concerns whatsoever with the defensive side of Dummet’s game, but that role requires a lot more from him going forward and with the ball at his feet. We have a number of players with some very good attributes physically, mentally, defensively, but not so many good attributes in terms of skill, passing, technique.

Dummet, Yedlin and Ritchie most notably.

Wouldn’t say yedlin is good mentally or defensively

His attacking instincts aren't great either when he's on the left, rarely looking to go around the wide man or spot a runner moving into a channel.

He's a very good defender though, and a good squad player. Glad he got to wear the armband in Lascelles' absence.

Lascelles is no great passer of the ball in fact always looks uncomfortable with it and can't wait to get rid of it

Compared to before he doesn't really look as uncomfortable at all any more.

Lascelles is no great passer of the ball in fact always looks uncomfortable with it and can't wait to get rid of it

Compared to before he doesn't really look as uncomfortable at all any more.

Aye i think Lascelles has made a noticeable improvement.  He’ll never be Beckenbauer but that doesn’t matter as

long as he knows his limits.