Mike Ashley (former owner)

Disco

?  

463 members have voted

1. 1. ?

• Takeover
    • Fakeover

Was only today thinking it would be typical if one day he took over Primark! :lol:

He couldn’t. They are too far out of his financial clout.

I could see Primark releasing a Primark Sports brand to go up against him to be honest.

I noticed Phil Neville joined a long list of pundits praising Ashley for being a good businessman. I'm fairly sure owners at other Premier League clubs are successful businessmen, but are still able to run their football clubs competently yet we only hear the good businessman comment when it comes to Ashley. Its a discussion about football what Ashley does at Sports Direct means nothing in the context of how he is poorly running Newcastle.

Aye, seen Phil Neville  on MOTD. Says it should be about staying up now before moving on to the next step, but for that to happen we all have to be pulling in the same direction. As if Ashley's blameless and it's the fans fault.

Guest chopey

I hate that line of thinking, I don't want to pull in the same direction as Ashley!! Because I firmly believe that it's the wrong direction

What I dont understand with Ashley and the way he does business.

-When Pardew did great the first season we did not invest

-A few years later he appoints McClaren(just sacked in Championship) and let him go on a spend a lot of money

-McClaren gets sacked and later Benitez comes in and get almost no money

-Benitez leaves, and they appoint Bruce(just sacked from championship club) and let him spend money.

Why do they keep appointing shit managers and let them spend money, while 1st season Pardew and World Class Benitez get nothing. I would say thats a bad football businessman and businessman.

They always spend about as much as they perceive will be enough to keep them hovering around the bottom half of the Premier League.

No need invest much with Rafa as he could paper over the cracks perfectly well on a shoestring budget.

Guest chopey

Protest group take up Mike Ashley offer to pay independent auditor to look at Newcastle United books

https://www.themag.co.uk/2019/08/protest-group-take-up-mike-ashley-offer-to-pay-independent-auditor-to-look-at-newcastle-united-books/

NUST should have been all over this really but glad someone's taken up the offer.

Not a hope in hell this will happen

Protest group take up Mike Ashley offer to pay independent auditor to look at Newcastle United books

https://www.themag.co.uk/2019/08/protest-group-take-up-mike-ashley-offer-to-pay-independent-auditor-to-look-at-newcastle-united-books/

NUST should have been all over this really but glad someone's taken up the offer.

Not a hope in hell this will happen

Good PR though.

"You know, some of the fans don't even believe the accounts. "Where's the money? You've got it somewhere." What are you talking about? How do I fiddle this? It's like asking if I'm on drugs. Don't be bloody idiotic. I don't do drugs. Everything else I might be guilty of. Were you out drinking the other night? More than likely. But you can put any accountant on our books and it's whiter than white. I've felt like challenging the fans on that sometimes. I'll pay and you can have an independent auditor come in and review us. But will you please stop saying these things? I'm guilty of a lot, but not that."

I remember thinking at the time it seemed the first sign of weakness from him.

What is it now, nearly £900m in TV money coming into the club over the last 12 years? So this "good businessman" has made us so expensive to run that it's all been used on running costs?

Does it cost £75m a year to run a football club? This is ignoring advertising, marketing, ticket sales, prize money (cough) of course. But no, the money hasn't "gone anywhere" has it Mike.

What I dont understand with Ashley and the way he does business.

-When Pardew did great the first season we did not invest

-A few years later he appoints McClaren(just sacked in Championship) and let him go on a spend a lot of money

-McClaren gets sacked and later Benitez comes in and get almost no money

-Benitez leaves, and they appoint Bruce(just sacked from championship club) and let him spend money.

Why do they keep appointing s*** managers and let them spend money, while 1st season Pardew and World Class Benitez get nothing. I would say thats a bad football businessman and businessman.

Freddie Shepherd passed on his wisdom before he sold up. Sacks SBR, gives that unmentionable Scottish twat 50 million to spend.

"You know, some of the fans don't even believe the accounts. "Where's the money? You've got it somewhere." What are you talking about? How do I fiddle this? It's like asking if I'm on drugs. Don't be bloody idiotic. I don't do drugs. Everything else I might be guilty of. Were you out drinking the other night? More than likely. But you can put any accountant on our books and it's whiter than white. I've felt like challenging the fans on that sometimes. I'll pay and you can have an independent auditor come in and review us. But will you please stop saying these things? I'm guilty of a lot, but not that."

I remember thinking at the time it seemed the first sign of weakness from him.

Jesus Christ - is that a genuine quote from him?! I didn't bother reading that Martin Samuel interview as knew it would piss me off so only saw highlighted quotes!

Guest chopey

What is it now, nearly £900m in TV money coming into the club over the last 12 years? So this "good businessman" has made us so expensive to run that it's all been used on running costs?

Does it cost £75m a year to run a football club? This is ignoring advertising, marketing, ticket sales, prize money (cough) of course. But no, the money hasn't "gone anywhere" has it Mike.

Its the £94 million wage bill that always gets me, not a hope in hell we pay players and staff £94 million a year.

Its the £94 million wage bill that always gets me, not a hope in hell we pay players and staff £94 million a year.

We will, but it will include inflated signing on bonuses/extension bonuses that the players pass onto their agents. A way of circumventing disclosure on how much we pay in fees.

Guest neesy111

We will, but it will include inflated signing on bonuses/extension bonuses that the players pass onto their agents. A way of circumventing disclosure on how much we pay in fees.

I think the previous years wages were higher because not writing down of quite a few contracts as well.

I'm almost at a point I hope he stays as the cunts who keep going and get behind Bruce don't deserve NUFC back. They have done nothing towards that so fuck them.

We could get taken over tomorrow by a sheikh and I don't think I could go back into SJP and sit amongst and celebrate with the likes of the one there on Sunday.

It's over like

I'm almost at a point I hope he stays as the cunts who keep going and get behind Bruce don't deserve NUFC back. They have done nothing towards that so fuck them.

We could get taken over tomorrow by a sheikh and I don't think I could go back into SJP and sit amongst and celebrate with the likes of the one there on Sunday.

It's over like

You are weird County Durham Mag

Guest chopey

It's over like

You are weird County Durham Mag

Switch the e and i and you two have a date