Steve Bruce (now unemployed)

Yorkie

What is the cost of lies? It's not that we'll mistake them for the the truth. The real danger is that if we hear enough lies, then we no longer recognize the truth at all. What can we do then? What else is left but to abandon even the hope of truth and content ourselves instead with stories?

Applies so much to many facets of society these days and it's fucking disgusting.

Makes it up as he goes along, speaks with a ridiculous plummy posh geordie accent, talks utter shit and contradicts himself all of the time and now is attempting to have us play a high pressing game when he clearly hasn't instilled enough fitness into the players to allow them to do this for more than 45 minutes.

We must be the least fit team in the league.

What is the cost of lies? It's not that we'll mistake them for the the truth. The real danger is that if we hear enough lies, then we no longer recognize the truth at all. What can we do then? What else is left but to abandon even the hope of truth and content ourselves instead with stories?

Applies so much to many facets of society these days and it's fucking disgusting.

It always applied to Murdoch's approach to media.

Makes it up as he goes along, speaks with a ridiculous plummy posh geordie accent, talks utter shit and contradicts himself all of the time and now is attempting to have us play a high pressing game when he clearly hasn't instilled enough fitness into the players to allow them to do this for more than 45 minutes.

We must be the least fit team in the league.

team in the image of their manager.

45k NUFC fans turned up to this c***s first game after he replaced Benitez ffs  :o :knuppel2:

45k  :idiot2: and we wonder why this club is f***ed

I don’t subscribe to the notion that supporters are complicit by turning up. They didn’t turn up for Steve Bruce, they turned up because they love the club, even in its current state. Some people can switch it off like a tap but not the majority.

And yes there’s been a few idiots speaking up for him on social media, every single club has them. I guarantee you there’s a small percentage that prefer him over Benitez simply because he’s British. You’re never going to reach those people.

And this includes the media folk too, ex players etc. I guarantee you there’s a union of ex player/managerial hopefuls that just resent the fact that foreign coaches (and players for the most part) are better in every way.

The supporters aren’t the problem. The people running the club are. They can see what’s going on like the rest of us. The only difference is that they don’t care.

Everyone should have known how it was going to pan out as soon as Bruce appeared on the scene. To show up to a game after this muppet was appointed is akin to accepting spousal abuse. Frankly, I feel that Rafa's exit should have been the last straw after our being treated like dog shit for over a decade by this disgusting Bobby Hill looking robber baron. It certainly was for me. Otherwise, I'd feel like I'm continually engaging in the sunken cost fallacy for my history of supporting the club. I watch sports to be entertained, not to be blindly loyal to this horse shit. 

Anyone know any fan who supports Steve Bruce as our manager? I'm struggling to know any.

Your'll find out when fans are allowed back

The sheep will all flood back, they are fucking idiots. They have no right to be critical of him if they do, they have accepted their lot

That is the correct answer and the reason ashley will continue doing the same process year in year out ,Same with the pundits they lap it up because they know the club will continue ticking over with the fans turning up for the same saga season after season if u want change make it! You wouldn't  pay for company whos product  failed each year so why pay to watch a game?

Even the daft cunts I know who only go to the match for a day on the piss hate Bruce, so I don't know where you're all getting this from.

Pardew still had arseholes supporting him until the end. I know this first hand, as I was part of the SackPardew campaign and I was verbally abused in the Percy all day for having the audacity to sit there at a table, hand out leaflets and debate why he was terrible.  :lol:

If he's still here next season (absolutely no chance, in my opinion), my only fear is that we'll see a bump in attendances due to coming out of lockdown and people clamming for live sport.

I’ve concluded that if we plan to go to court in the event of relegation, that for the best outcome of this, Bruce should not be fired.

If we sack Bruce today and get relegated, the PL will tell the courts that objectively speaking our decision to sack Bruce led to us falling into the bottom three, and therefore relegation is Ashley’s fault.

If we sack Bruce when in the bottom three, and the new guy does better but we still go down, we would have inadvertently revealed that we were able to hire a better manager all along and the PL will use point averages to show that it’s Ashley’s fault we got relegated because we should have made the change earlier.

Instead the best route of action is to demonstrate that shortlisted replacements we had confidence to keep us up rejected us.

I’ve concluded that if we plan to go to court in the event of relegation, that for the best outcome of this, Bruce should not be fired.

If we sack Bruce today and get relegated, the PL will tell the courts that objectively speaking our decision to sack Bruce led to us falling into the bottom three, and therefore relegation is Ashley’s fault.

If we sack Bruce when in the bottom three, and the new guy does better but we still go down, we would have inadvertently revealed that we were able to hire a better manager all along and the PL will use point averages to show that it’s Ashley’s fault we got relegated because we should have made the change earlier.

Instead the best route of action is to demonstrate that shortlisted replacements we had confidence to keep us up rejected us.

Ok Mike.

I’ve never heard anything so daft as a court case for being relegated. Bruce still has 15 months on his contract. You’d assume the club has bought into him managing the club his way for that length of time. Regardless of outcome.

I’ve never heard anything so daft as a court case for being relegated. Bruce still has 15 months on his contract. You’d assume the club has bought into him managing the club his way for that length of time. Regardless of outcome.

It’s not a court case for relegation, it’s a court case for restraint of trade, of which relegation are measured losses.

Didn't Sheff Utd do exactly that?

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/pardew-newcastle-mike-ashley-contract-23555829

Probably why he takes so long to sack these incompetent managers :lol:

How bloody clueless is Mike Ashley and how on Earth did he become so successful? :lol:

Christ.

At a stretch, he dishes out the long contracts so he doesn't have to pay much attention to the club and/or team performances on a weekly basis. Stick a yes man cunt at helm that will swallow the players you throw at him and hedge your bets on not going down.

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/pardew-newcastle-mike-ashley-contract-23555829

Probably why he takes so long to sack these incompetent managers :lol:

How bloody clueless is Mike Ashley and how on Earth did he become so successful? :lol:

It’s been discussed in the podcast thread. Woodman basically implied Ashley was pissed when he promised him an 8 year contract then when woodman said he could accept a longer deal than the manager & other coaches Ashley said that’s ok you can all have them. Absolutely mental