Miguel Almirón

Deuce

Guest neesy111

Really surprised he did the presser in Spanish. He's been in the MLS for a year so you'd expect him to be able to speak decent English by now

Absolutely no need to speak English in the USA these days, Spanish almost as popular as a 1st language as English in a lot of places.

This true Mike[/member], thomas[/member], Tomato Deuce[/member]

Really surprised he did the presser in Spanish. He's been in the MLS for a year so you'd expect him to be able to speak decent English by now

Absolutely no need to speak English in the USA these days, Spanish almost as popular as a 1st language as English in a lot of places.

Yep.

When we were first linked with him and i found out he played in the MLS, the first thing i looked at was his international career as it’s the highest standard he played at so far.  It is concerning i think.  Would be interesting to hear what his actual performances have been like for Paraguay as his stats aren’t great.

He’s hardly had many opportunities for Paraguay tbh

Guest neesy111

Yep.

Gracias amigo.

Yep.

Gracias amigo.

tbh I don't know about "a lot" of places. It's certainly the 2nd most spoken but barring either certain neighborhoods or some of the very close border towns (e.g. McAllen Texas) you're going to get by fine with English alone

He spoke as if he is the record transfer today. It doesn't have to be 20 upfront to be our record, it would only have to be 16.1 wouldn't it?

When was the last time a fee was even disclosed. Even now on some transfers from years ago there are like 3 or 4 different fees people think players cost.

When we were first linked with him and i found out he played in the MLS, the first thing i looked at was his international career as it’s the highest standard he played at so far.  It is concerning i think.  Would be interesting to hear what his actual performances have been like for Paraguay as his stats aren’t great.

He’s a £20 m player which in truth is the average price for a average player, when you scrape around in the dogshit isle this fee will look astronomical to us and think he’s a world beater when in truth he could be very average....like his price tag, top notchers like Pogba were north of £80m .

I fear too many are building him up to be the new Messi  :). When in truth for the very average fee in today’s market he could just as well be ....ermmm average.Hope he’s not but ...

He’s a £20 m player which in truth is the average price for a average player, when you scrape around in the dogshit isle this fee will look astronomical to us and think he’s a world beater when in truth he could be very average....like his price tag, top notchers like Pogba were north of £80m .

I fear too many are building him up to be the new Messi  :). When in truth for the very average fee in today’s market he could just as well be ....ermmm average.Hope he’s not but ...

Similar sort of fee to Maddison & Arnautovic. Outside of the top 6 and Everton there aren’t many transfers north of £25m still so it’s at least on par with what the rest of the league pay for their best players.

:lol: Depends where you are, really.

From my extensive knowledge of the US, although I never been but I do watch a lot of TV, if you want drugs or your grass cut you speak Spanish everything else English.

Well if you want to use the fee as some indicator of talent then he should greatly stand apart from the rest of our players.

It’s common to only speak Spanish in Southern California... no idea about Atlanta.

Plenty of Spanish spoken in southern Texas I work in Houston and huge Spanish speaking areas here. Atlanta not so much but go down to southern florida and its main language

Maybe he’s turning off social media to try and settle into the area and life here quicker?

The more time you spend on that shit the less for real life.

I dunno, I  just think this lad has the right attitude. Whether he’ll be a success or not will depend entirely on how good or shit the MLS is. He looked a world beater there. But he’s going to give it a go. That’s all we can ask.

Yeah. I think now that he has moved there is going to be more of a focus on him then there was at Atlanta. For the last few weeks all of his posts have been commented on by Newcastle fans asking him to come. Imagine the comments if he does well or doesn’t get off to a good start. He doesn’t need that distraction.