Miguel Almirón

Deuce

I'm sick of these ill informed pundits saying Almiron will fit into our system of long ball from the keeper to Rondon and he catches the knock downs, even last night we play the ball out from the back and hit cross field balls to Rondon so multiple players can be brought into play, I'm convinced these pundits only watch the games they pundit on even though its their job to know football across multiple leagues.

I'm sick of these ill informed pundits saying Almiron will fit into our system of long ball from the keeper to Rondon and he catches the knock downs, even last night we play the ball out from the back and hit cross field balls to Rondon so multiple players can be brought into play, I'm convinced these pundits only watch the games they pundit on even though its their job to know football across multiple leagues.

I haven't read stuff like that but plenty about him suiting a counter attacking strategy. Not so much a long ball to Rondon but a quick break out.

I haven't read stuff like that but plenty about him suiting a counter attacking strategy. Not so much a long ball to Rondon but a quick break out.

As well being a player who can pick the ball up in midfield and run straight down the center of the pitch with it.

I am not so sure about the impact he could make as our no.10.  However he should be able to play as a winger in any case.

explain?  if he replicates what he was doing in the MLS in our system i'd suggest it would be exactly what we've needed for ages, a player that can take people on through the middle and transition the play for us