Miguel Almirón

Deuce

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-6575479/Newcastle-told-increase-offer-8m-25m-rated-playmaker-Miguel-Almiron.html

Have bid £17 million but they are standing firm on the £25 million price apparently.

As they have apparently allowed us to agree personal terms the bid likely has some truth to it.

Think it's a fair offer tbh. Maybe another £3 million to £5 million based on certain targets being achieved will do it.

Daniel Storey had this transfer down as "likely" in a list of them the other day.

He's called Ashley a cheapskate and lamented the situation at NUFC plenty of times, so is not some paid lackey or apologist.

I don't expect remotely good things any more, but this one might actually have some chance of happening.

They will be hoping to get him cheap hope he has a good season then sell him for a nice tidy profit to a club like Everton.

£17 million isn’t cheap mind. Well, not for us.

Their Chairman already stated it would have to be $30million “minimum” :rocky:

I’d imagine our offer is £2.50 + a Sports Direct mug then they get payed the rest of the £17million when Ashley has sold.

I just can’t see Ashley offering much up front on deals this January.

They will be hoping to get him cheap hope he has a good season then sell him for a nice tidy profit to a club like Everton.

£17 million isn’t cheap mind. Well, not for us.

If we're bidding £17m, then he probably is worth at least £25m so I would beg to differ.

You just know we are asking for a year loan deal, not cash. O0

Absolutely. There isn't a hope in hell that we will be in the red transfers wise. So unless we are selling 20m worth of players (Probably about 8 of our first teamers lerl), then it will be a loan with an option at best.

Given the current internal politics & general state of NUFC at the moment, I cant imagine a scenario whereby we smash our transfer record & bring in a top quality, hungry player with years ahead of him.

I honestly can, I think this lad will have a black and white shirt on by the end of the month as Ashley's present to us for the takeover not going through, Jim Watt will be wanking over Ashley's generosity.

I honestly can, I think this lad will have a black and white shirt on by the end of the month as Ashley's present to us for the takeover not going through, Jim Watt will be wanking over Ashley's generosity.

Only if we loan him, not a chance we are spending a penny , this wanker doesnt want to.

Guest reefatoon

£17m isn't exactly low-balling them and Atlanta have already signed his replacement (Martinez) so there's still a chance.

For someone else to step in, of course.

You can See Charnley and Ashley looking around frantically for some other club to step in and beat us. "Fucking hell Mike, that was close! we nearly had to sign someone there, thank fuck for West Ham"

I really hope you`re right but I cant see me slipping on me leather chaps & popping down to Fenwicks this window mind.

Even if we do get him, we have been after him since at least the summer. Any normally ran club would have had the deal done or ready to be completed by the time the transfer window opened, especially since their season had already ended.

It honestly wouldn’t surprise me if the deal is just about done but we are risking losing the player so we can sign him in the final week of the window to save 3 weeks wages.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-6575479/Newcastle-told-increase-offer-8m-25m-rated-playmaker-Miguel-Almiron.html

Have bid £17 million but they are standing firm on the £25 million price apparently.

As they have apparently allowed us to agree personal terms the bid likely has some truth to it.

Think it's a fair offer tbh. Maybe another £3 million to £5 million based on certain targets being achieved will do it.

We haven't like :mike: we have as much chance of spending 17m as I do. Wake up man

Just a reminder this thread was started 5th of December.

It was a done deal then  :lol:

Fuck off man

We've now entered the stage of the deal where money would usually be exchanged.

Just a reminder this thread was started 5th of December.

It was a done deal then  :lol:

Fuck off man

We've now entered the stage of the deal where money would usually be exchanged.

Does it not go like this.....?

“Much you want?”

“Ok, when?”

“Now”

“Ok, it’s on its way”

“When do we get player?”

“Now”

That takes 2 months  :lol: