Alternatives to NUFC

Guest The Little Waster

Guest The Little Waster

What will people do when Rafa leaves and the takeover dissolves into nothing ? How will they fill that NUFC shaped hole in their lives ?

Guest chopey

I'm think about using my season ticket money to get BT sport and then I can get involved in European football again.

Could quite easily sack off football altogether. Not enjoying it as a spectacle anymore, and apart from NUFC I have probably watched the least amount of football in my entire life this season. Couldn't care less about the Copa America or ACN or whatever else is on this summer. It's never been this bad in terms of my interest in football, or lack thereof.

If Rafa leaves I think I'll just spend matchdays with the bairn doing something useful.

If that happens i'm walking away from football completely. It's been a tough decision but one which has been coming. I'll remove it completely from my life (FM, here, Pub, games, Sky, any merchandise) and probably be so much better off. I'd be time rich at the very least.

I'm in the last chance saloon. Almost hope it does all fall through so i've got my reason to scrub football from my life.

Guest covmag

I will always follow NUFC , I will always want us to win every match we play.

Everything going on is weirdly not bothering me because we have seen it all before under Ashley, only when he goes will I set foot inside SJP again, I came to one match (Liverpool) to see Rafas final game, just in case, to give him thanks for all he has done for this city.

However I also have hate in me for the regime that have destroyed what they had, they will never understand what they had, the fucking cunts running NUFC  are horrific.

What will I do? Watch from afar but never financially support these bastards.No other club would get my passion, guess I’d brush up on my diy

Guest The Little Waster

If you factor in pies pints + season ticket etc thats approx £1K straight back in yer sky rocket ... thats a decent amount of cash to have some fun with

Guest The Little Waster

Ive been gone from NUFC for a number of years and i barely watch any footy ... you kind of wake up over time and realise that the whole edifice is one big rip off ... overpriced merch , overpriced everything ... overpaid average players living like King Midas , overhyped rubbish matches via Sky etc . The only footy ive watched recently thats been enjoyable has been the womens world cup because it still retains that innocence thats long gone elsewhere

I’d like to see some of the time and energy put in to a sustained effort to get rid of Mike Ashley without having to set foot in to the ground.

I wrapped in last season and won’t go back till he’s gone. I was getting a bit excited at the thought of being able to return and even take my grand daughter. That won’t be happening by the looks of it

I’ll take a passing interest in football and I’ll def still be on here but never going back to the stadium or buying any merch until that fucking leech has gone from our club.

I feel for you poor sods back home. I've invested in the new Canadian league here. It's league one at very best but exciting to be part of a start up of a league and chance to grow the sport here. Premiership rights got bought by DAZN so it's not even on tv next year. It's easy enough to remove myself from Newcastle even if a part of me will always hurt to do so.

Guest The Little Waster

i only listen on radio these days ... does he still get £ out of that or does he only get tv money ? Id stop listening if i thought he was making money off of it

I'll always follow NUFC's results and watch matches on TV/highlights (not subscriptions though), I'll never cut it off.

As for football.... I've been less and less interested in it for the past 5-6 years. Mainly for personal reasons (simply focusing too much on improving my own life rather than let football dictate my time) and because, and quite frankly I don't mind admitting it, the exposure, via social media, of the players' lives. I don't need to see the luxurious lives that they're living, thank you very much. (And yes, I don't actually look at their lives on SM, but as a user, you'll still come across the odd image or story.)

I watch Rugby League these days. Became more and detached from NUFC and football in general over the past few years. Just doesn't excite me like it used to, the odd game apart (last seasons CL Semi Finals for example).

We bought season tickets at Newcastle Thunder last season and we absolutely love it! £250 for me, wor lass and the bairn for the full season which is unbelievable value. In comparison I went to 3 NUFC games last season (least amount since I started going in 1984) and on average I paid £40 a time and one of those matches (Crystal Palace) was one of the worst sporting spectacles I've witnessed.

If, as expected this takeover fails, Rafa walks and some nomark manager replaces him with ashley still at the helm I know I'll be able to detach myself completely from it all. If the takeover goes ahead I'll go to the odd game but I'll never buy another season ticket. Those days have long gone now. I'm just not interested enough.

:thup:

Totally with you there Dinho, moving south made the boycott much easier. I still keep track of results and catch the odd game but I'll not step foot in the ground until he's left, been going strong for about six years now.

Also agree regarding football, the whole thing is so bent and plastic now. The Premier League is a product, the referees are there to protect the status quo and ensure assets are protected. Without silly investments, 7th is the new 1st and finishing 10th is considered a great season. It's total capitalisation of the game and what's more frustrating is that you're told on a regular basis you should be grateful by hacks and buffoon's who'd be on the dole if they hadn't found their way into the game. Essentially it's totally fucked.

For the last 10 years I've lost interest in football more and more each year with the emergence of the so called top 6 the huge amounts of money the lack of hope in us ever competing and fucking Ashley. Being here in the US I've got more and more into my adopted teams in the NFL the NHL and college football. I think I'll just give them my sole attention as at least with the way sports is setup here fans of everyone has a semblance of hope that your team will win something one day

With NUFC I've already resigned myself that I'll be dead before they win something if they ever do again and with no takeover and no Rafa the club essentially is a dead zombie to me. Its owned by a bunch of lying stooges who dont give a fuck about me or you or anyone other than themselves and how much they can squeeze out of the club. These bastards are all laughing at us

Nothing. It'll suck. However it's been a carcrash 12 years in the making.

As a plus though, I'll get a lot more sleep on the weekends, since being Stateside meant getting up fairly early to very legally stream matches. I might never see 'A.M.' on a Saturday again.