Jamal Lewis (on loan at Watford)

joeyt

Maximin will love playing alongside him. Going to create space for him to cut inside and have a shot more but we saw first-half in particular that defenders doubling up on him will also create space for the overlap. Could be a good combination, tonight was the first time I’ve thought ASM on the left fully could work.

Maximin will love playing alongside him. Going to create space for him to cut inside and have a shot more but we saw first-half in particular that defenders doubling up on him will also create space for the overlap. Could be a good combination, tonight was the first time I’ve thought ASM on the left fully could work.

:thup:

Was pretty exciting to watch them link up and show they have a sound understanding already. They’re going to cause a lot of right backs headaches this year.

Wasn't great but not helped out by ASM at all which cost us 2 goals. Either the squad and staff didn't do their homework or ASM couldn't be arsed. Not that I'm I 'tRaCk BaCk MaN' patriot against players like ASM, HBA etc, but Lewis needed help there. Hope he's okay from that injury, fucking nasty.

He has Davide Santon syndrome aswell mind. He was practically holding hands with Fernandez at some points he was sucked in so much.

Yeah, noticed that too.

It's because Brighton's front three were playing narrow, and so he was trying to help the centre backs at times, but then it was opening things up for Lamptey who wasn't being picked up. It was a mess.

Rafa wouldn't have even had to do all that.

The threat from Lamptey would have been identified and focused on during training in the lead up to the game.

It would have looked nothing like what we witnessed.

I didn’t really notice him doing anything, but maybe not paying attention.

Just picture the game with Dummett there and you'll most likely get a better view overall.

Dummett is a decent defender and not too slow.  A fit Dummett isn't as bad as Lewis was yesterday.