The Managerial Merry Go Round™

cp40

I don’t think Ancelotti is a great fit for Everton. A big bunch of superstars with big egos, Ancelotti knows how to make it work and keep everyone sweet. 

Mid table teams I honestly think Rafa would be better. 

But let’s see.

agree with this his recent jobs especially have all been at or very near the top of their respective leagues mostly with already excellent players there and not had to build up a side, don't think he'd be a good fit for either arsenal or everton atm tbh not with what they have to do

A few journalists have been saying that Ancelotti won't be good for Everton because he's not good at building projects, he just maintains good teams at the same level. And that training sessions are incredibly lacklustre.

Fair assessment IMO - bloke is super chilled

He’s literally won everything everywhere he’s gone. Everton actually have quite a stacked team as well. I’m certain a man of his abilities will get them flying.

Some funny nonsense when you say he’s unable to do projects.

He’s literally won everything everywhere he’s gone. Everton actually have quite a stacked team as well. I’m certain a man of his abilities will get them flying.

he's won everything everywhere he's gone because he's managed chelsea, real madrid, psg, bayern, ac milan when they were good, its a very different job trying to turn a mid-table (at best atm) side like everton or trying to turn around a declining club like arsenal than it is walking into one of the best teams in each country with everything already in place

he's won everything everywhere he's gone because he's managed chelsea, real madrid, psg, bayern, ac milan when they were good, its a very different job trying to turn a mid-table (at best atm) side like everton or trying to turn around a declining club like arsenal than it is walking into one of the best teams in each country with everything already in place

Doesn't mean he's not capable. Milan hadn't been doing well when he got there, took Reggiana up in his first season.

and with the greatest of respect he took the milan job nearly 20 years ago its hard to consider that relevant to today. He may very well be capable of doing it but the evidence of the last 10 years only provides him going in and winning things with already good teams which he's obviously very good at

so maybe he's ready for a project? maybe he's been promised funds to continue to develop that side? i find it funny that people are like nahhhh not Ancelotti, he's not good for Everton.

would you be saying the same if he was coming here?

The real downer for me is that whether he's a good fit or not, Ancelotti is a clear signal that Everton are still aiming high. If they had gone for Moyes it would have told everyone that Everton were settling for midtable mediocrity.

If they'd tried to poach Bruce, it would have shown they were happy to finish 17th.

Think he'll be fantastic, personally.

He'll find a system that makes all their attacking talent work.

Meanwhile we can continue the joys of watching long hoofs to Joelinton island.

Ancelotti will be far better than Silva for the development and use of Moise Kean very likely to play 2 up front.

Don't really care much about Ancelotti never managing a club like Everton before, people said the same thing about Rafa here and he managed just fine.

He's seemingly fallen out with every squad he's managed in the last 5-6 years, though. And his training sessions sound like he just chain smokes and watches them kick the ball around. Will definitely be interesting if it happens

Don't really care much about Ancelotti never managing a club like Everton before, people said the same thing about Rafa here and he managed just fine.

The likes of Rafa Benitez, Mourinho, Klopp would all do well at clubs like Everton, I think only Guardiola would struggle/be like a fish out of water.

I think Ancelotti would be great for Everton.

Listening to Danny Mills on Ssn saying Everton should go for Moyes ahead of Ancelotti because Moyes is used to premier league relegation battles and knows how to shore up defences and the midfield. These idiots are paid to come out with crap like this about PFM's. Why do these idiots think that being in numerous relegation battles makes you a better manager than people like Ancelotti? It was the same crap when we got Rafa and I remember some idiot saying we should have went for Nigel Pearson. The reason these managers are in relegation battles every year is because they're shit managers, the reason the likes of Benitez and Ancelotti aren't,  is because they're class managers.

The crap these pundits come out with about these shit managers is so annoying like.