Football pet hates

Guest JonnyRogers

Fans who think that expecting us to perform better and not make the same mistakes every week means we expect the team to play like Chelsea and for us to win the league.

It's getting f***ing pathetic now. If you're happy to accept mediocrity then so be it, but don't expect others to.

Isn't someone's sig a quote from you saying 17th would be a success?

Fans who think that expecting us to perform better and not make the same mistakes every week means we expect the team to play like Chelsea and for us to win the league.

It's getting f***ing pathetic now. If you're happy to accept mediocrity then so be it, but don't expect others to.

Isn't someone's sig a quote from you saying 17th would be a success?

Yes, but we'll not get it from not picking points up in the games we should pick points up. Keep up like this and 17th will be an aspiration, rather than a given.

Wind up merchants who support football teams but only when it suits them.

One of my best mates from uni (a so called Blackburn fan) got a great reaction from me after the game last Wednesday. I was frustrated and wound up and couldn't resist giving him an earful before telling him to 'fuck off' and abruptly hanging up. Hes on the wind up again tonight but so far I haven't bitten. Unfortunately even if we beat them 10-0 at SJP, the tit won't give a toss and I can't get my revenge.

People getting all worked up about the nature of some of the chants that are heard at SJP et al.

e.g "Your support is fucking shit," "Who are ya?" They may not be particularly clever or factualy correct but it's all part of the banter. Certainly better than hearing fuck all.

Guest firetotheworks

Is hearing 'Heil Hitler' better than hearing nothing? Obviously, a grotesquely extreme example, but you get the point.

Guest firetotheworks

Is hearing 'Heil Hitler' better than hearing nothing? Obviously, a grotesquely extreme example, but you get the point.

Erm, no  :lol:

Nazi salutes were not what I had in mind.

I know it's a bit of a daft example like, but hearing 'Who are ya?' and 'your support is fucking shit.' really grates on me, personally.

Guest Tall Striker

When one player (nevermind three) doesn't have the mental capacity not to punch, elbow, headbutt, karate chop an opponent, just because we're losing.

I know it's a bit of a daft example like, but hearing 'Who are ya?' and 'your support is f***ing s***.' really grates on me, personally.

It is mostly dafties that sing it like but there's nowt worse then being in the away end after you've conceded and seeing thousands of folk taking the mick.

Something like this at home to Spurs would definitely generate the atmosphere..

http://o.foto.radikal.ru/0701/6f2a25f8b933.jpg

People getting all worked up about the nature of some of the chants that are heard at SJP et al.

e.g "Your support is f***ing s***," "Who are ya?" They may not be particularly clever or factualy correct but it's all part of the banter. Certainly better than hearing f*** all.

Having said that, I watched the Fulham v Villa game on Sunday and the Villa fans opened up with 'your support is fucking shit' after literally 30 seconds of the game. Give the fuckers a chance to get sat down eh.

It's getting fucking pathetic now. If you're happy to accept mediocrity then so be it, but don't expect others to.

just shout 'i expect you to perform better' at the end of the games instead of booing, maybe that'll get the message across better.

e.g "Your support is f***ing s***," "Who are ya?" They may not be particularly clever or factualy correct but it's all part of the banter. Certainly better than hearing f*** all.

Having said that, I watched the Fulham v Villa game on Sunday and the Villa fans opened up with 'your support is fucking shit' after literally 30 seconds of the game. Give the fuckers a chance to get sat down eh.

They'd been to Craven Cottage before, obviously.

Having said that, I watched the Fulham v Villa game on Sunday and the Villa fans opened up with 'your support is f***ing s***' after literally 30 seconds of the game. Give the fuckers a chance to get sat down eh.

Don't know where you've dreamt that up from.