Football pet hates

Guest JonnyRogers

Similarly irks me when hitting the bar is described as unlucky. Sure, you came close, and it may well have been an excellent effort, but it's not unlucky. It didn't go inside the goalframe, it's not on target.

Similarly irks me when hitting the bar is described as unlucky. Sure, you came close, and it may well have been an excellent effort, but it's not unlucky. It didn't go inside the goalframe, it's not on target.

What if it hits both posts? Surely that's unlucky

When Motd highlight yellow cards and substitutes. You know instantly the yellow card will lead to a second yellow and the sub will score.

Or the focus on a certain player just before a set piece.

This gets me. ''Oh look, it's Hangeland coming up for the corner..."

The broadcasters in this country who get all high and mighty about pitch invasions/streakers despite the fact that pretty much everyone finds it at least mildly amusing. Other countries just show them, we get an ultra-wide shot of the stadium and silence or commentators on their high horses claiming it's a disgrace.

The broadcasters in this country who get all high and mighty about pitch invasions/streakers despite the fact that pretty much everyone finds it at least mildly amusing. Other countries just show them, we get an ultra-wide shot of the stadium and silence or commentators on their high horses claiming it's a disgrace.

Expect Yorkie out there tonight around the 70th minute.

Surely people brought up where its normally 30 degrees are allowed to feel the cold? :idiot2:

Aye but how long before they start brining a portable radiator/heater on the pitch.

If Qatar win the world cup bid the stadiums and pitches are going to have coolers so they players don't need to play in daft temperatures.

I'm not trying to be funny or anything but how is that possible, aside from playing all the games in stadiums with roofs i can't get my head round it?

I know it's been said before but short corners really boil my piss. They don't fucking work!

The first corner England got yesterday, they should have just swung the ball into the box but Milner decides to take a quick short corner that resulted in a shit cross.  What chance does Carroll have with dickheads like that in the team?

Passing the ball backwards.

all the best teams do it regularly enough.

(i still get cold shivers down my spine at NUFC fans screaming for batty to lump it forward to ian rush, on his own with 4 defenders for company)

Fans who think that expecting us to perform better and not make the same mistakes every week means we expect the team to play like Chelsea and for us to win the league.

It's getting fucking pathetic now. If you're happy to accept mediocrity then so be it, but don't expect others to.

For some reason stadiums without electronic advertisement boards really annoy me these days. Sort of feels like the stadiums without them are taken somewhere out of 1970s USSR, which they're obviously not. It just feels that way for some fucked up reason. :lol:

Guest firetotheworks

Fans who think that expecting us to perform better and not make the same mistakes every week means we expect the team to play like Chelsea and for us to win the league.

It's getting f***ing pathetic now. If you're happy to accept mediocrity then so be it, but don't expect others to.

Mediocrity would be brilliant, personally I'll accept survival this season, first.

For some reason stadiums without electronic advertisement boards really annoy me these days. Sort of feels like the stadiums without them are taken somewhere out of 1970s USSR, which they're obviously not. It just feels that way for some fucked up reason. :lol:

and to mention that they sometimes get your attention. Sometimes i find myself watching the advertising boardings rather than the game itself! :lol: :facepalm: