Football pet hates

Guest JonnyRogers

If I do something wrong at work, I get bollocked.

I understand the pressure they're under is a little greater then that of a line manager pressing you to meet a deadline, but it's their job and something they should get right most of the time.

They shouldn't be free from criticism in any respect.

Agree and I don't think many would argue argainst. Its just the way its articulated in sports other than football is often a lot better.

Yeah, I definitely wasn't saying they should be above criticism, but that criticism should be from the appropriate people and based on a realistic level of expectation.

Players argue against most decisions that goe against them, it's only sometimes they happen to be right.

If you want to compare it to work, it's a bit like someone bollocking their own boss in the middle of a meeting in front of a room of people. Not advisable.

In my view the referee is senior to the players, the have to authority to question him during the game.

Referee's don't have a clue because they've never played the game, so how can they know what it's actually like on the otherside. I honestly believe 50% of all decisions in some games are incorrect on fouls, which is a shocking figure.

Absolute bollocks.

:lol:

"I honestly believe (i.e. I've plucked this out of the air) _____________ ... which is a shocking figure". :lol: :lol:

Jesus Christ man Neesy. What the fuck am I reading here?

Pet hate - teams expecting that the ball is kicked out of play for an injury during an attack, and then also expecting to give the ball back to the defender/goal keeper.

Saw this a few times with team in posession in the other teams half and due to a player down, them wanting the ball kicked out. Then instead of restarting from where it went out....they also wanted to get it all back to the keeper and start over.

Even saw an attacking player give the ball to the defender to put it out of play and he refused to touch it. Well, screw them....either put it out of play yourself or we're playing.

[uS High School has the right idea - IFK to team in possession if play stopped for injury]

The best idea is play to the whistle and let the ref decide.  Half the time its players like Nani being dicks.

Good way to get your face kicked off as well, like.

Hows that?

Seen a few times when a player has kept the ball instead of kicking it out to be on the receiving end of some meaty challenges.

The best idea is play to the whistle and let the ref decide.  Half the time its players like Nani being dicks.

Hows that?

Seen a few times when a player has kept the ball instead of kicking it out to be on the receiving end of some meaty challenges.

He should pass it then.

Hows that?

He should pass it then.

Good plan. They should do that as a training exercise: "Find a team-mate or Tiote breaks your legs".

Guest Chubby Jason

They tried the 'play til the whistle thing'... didn't work as players felt like dicks for playing on, and the fans booed them for doing so.

They need to get over that then don't they. It's players like Nani that make me embarrassed to be a football fan.

They tried the 'play til the whistle thing'... didn't work as players felt like dicks for playing on, and the fans booed them for doing so.

Well thats obvious, the fans want the game stopped if their team is a man down, the opposing fans seem to want to play on.