Football pet hates

Guest JonnyRogers

Sky Sports News feels like it's drifting towards Sky News at the moment, i.e. crap. Admittedly I'm putting this in here mainly because it's buggering off of Freeview, but its smug view of itself continues to sharpen.

Monday Night Football.

I hate the sight of those smug twats- Keys and Gray- spouting more Sky propaganda about the 'best league' in the world as we tune in to watch Man Utd thrash Stoke. Can't stand the idea of that shitty little MNF set up.

Monday Night Football.

I hate the sight of those smug twats- Keys and Gray- spouting more Sky propaganda about the 'best league' in the world as we tune in to watch Man Utd thrash Stoke Newcastle. Can't stand the idea of that shitty little MNF set up.

As opposed to the player going down easily to win a penalty, I hate it when a player is clearly fouled but stays on his feet being honest, gets feck all from the ref. Start giving penalties here and players might be encouraged to try and not to go to ground knowing he'll get the award of a penalty anyway.

Players going down way too easily, time wasting, blatant cheating. The lot just really riles me.

Sheffield United were going at a snails pace after Cardiff equalised today and it was fucking me right off. The goalkeeper walking to get a ball, then taking it to the other side of his area to take the goal kick. The Sheff United boss made one player go to the furthest point away from the dugout and then subbed him two seconds later - the referees don't do anything about it and it's ridiculous.

As opposed to the player going down easily to win a penalty, I hate it when a player is clearly fouled but stays on his feet being honest, gets feck all from the ref. Start giving penalties here and players might be encouraged to try and not to go to ground knowing he'll get the award of a penalty anyway.

:thup:

:thup:

I agree, but this happens very rarely. Diving is a much, much bigger problem.

Not so much of a pet hate but something which was pretty silly on our behalf yesterday and annoys the fuck out of me:

Singing Celtic songs . . . why?

Also , empty seats song at a friendly when we had 16,000 against one of Europes biggest?

When the ball is gently trundling out of play for a throw-in and the linesman has got time to get in place and signal but lets the ball go past him without stopping it so play can restart quicker. All he has to do is just stop it on the line with his foot rather than wait for the player to go running past him and get it.

I know it's not his job to do it but it annoys me, especially when there's only a few minutes left and a team are chasing the game.  :lol:

When the ball is gently trundling out of play for a throw-in and the linesman has got time to get in place and signal but lets the ball go past him without stopping it so play can restart quicker. All he has to do is just stop it on the line with his foot rather than wait for the player to go running past him and get it.

I know it's not his job to do it but it annoys me, especially when there's only a few minutes left and a team are chasing the game.  :lol:

Referee training 101 - Don't do a favour to one team when you may not be able to do it each time. Stop one ball, then why not the next. Why stop their ball but not our ball etc.  And as you put it....it's not their job  :D

If it wasn't for the post, the nets would have no support and it would be very difficult to decipher whether balls that cross the line should be awarded as goals or goal kicks.

It reminds me of when we used to play football on the wall, tbh. Similar problems.

The commentator on itv charity shield highlights just gets off on anything man u, hate him.

"Hard to believe van der sar is 40, he's like a child gathering sweets" 

And all the usual scholes and rooney drivel.

What a prick, need to get these sycophants off our screens

• 2 weeks later...

Did anyone hear Dave Jones on TalkSport this morning?

Without a doubt the worst outbreak of spurious "the football club" mentions EVER. Even beating Sammy Lee.

I counted at least 7 or 8 uses of it in one sentence.