Football pet hates

Guest JonnyRogers

Guest Jungle Barry

Finger wagging. Or to be more precise, players wagging their fingers at linesmen when they've been flagged offside, which the cameras then go on to prove that the lino was correct.

Does my head in

I can't see any reason why Tim Cahill wouldn't be in everyone's top 5 'favourite players' lists.  :laugh:

Tbh, you had quite a punchable team at the time: Carsely, Graveson, Kilbane, Cahill... I'm sure I'm missing some.

Phil Neville, Hibbert and then ontop David Moyes. The Tim Cahill punch the corner flag over celebration is annoying as fuck aswell.

Hibbert's funny as fuck because he's so incompetent at times. And how can't you like buck-toothed Zinedine!?

Finger wagging. Or to be more precise, players wagging their fingers at linesmen when they've been flagged offside, which the cameras then go on to prove that the lino was correct.

Does my head in

To be honest all the cynical finger-wranging, complaining, imaginary card waving, hand raising, etc... just drives me nuts. We should just yellow card any player making tosser crap like that. You don't see that happening in most other sports, players complaining is something out of the ordinary, while footballers make arses of themselves every sodding play.

When fans of other clubs tell you how your club should be run, how they should play football, what they're doing wrong and how they can improve.

Its OK having an opinion, but I hate wankers that go on the offensive against you as if you're the one to blame.  Even worse when they barely watch your team or know anything about whats going on.

Leading a game by a goal and being terrified everytime the ball goes near our box

I think that's awesome, to be honest.

I suppose the relief/joy everytime the ball is cleared makes it worth it, but I've seen us concede late too often to like it

Leading a game by a goal and being terrified everytime the ball goes near our box

I suppose the relief/joy everytime the ball is cleared makes it worth it, but I've seen us concede late too often to like it

I don't know, when I think of all the games more indented in my memory, most of them are hard-fought scrappy wins, rather than thomping somebody 6-1.

For example, from last season I remember the Chelsea away game much more than destroying Madrid at their place (not that it wasn't delightful!).

I don't know, when I think of all the games more indented in my memory, most of them are hard-fought scrappy wins, rather than thomping somebody 6-1.

For example, from last season I remember the Chelsea away game much more than destroying Madrid at their place (not that it wasn't delightful!).

That's you chasing a goal though, which I love as well (like Forest this season when we were all over them second half). I'm sure a Chelsea fan would have hated those last few minutes worried you were gunna nick it

Guest saintscoobz

The very fact that the Premiership represents everything i hate about football, and yet i can't stand us not being there.

I know what you mean, thats why i want us to win the league then tell the premiership to fuck off

Leagues / groups being decided by 'head to head' record if teams are level on points. There's nothing wrong with goal difference, what's the point?

Actually, I think it's fairer when it's only over the 3-6 games like group matches. That way it's more about which of either team was better than the other instead of which one managed to slip the most past the team finishing last.

Full 38 game schedules are different and more down to consistency.

Guest firetotheworks

Leagues / groups being decided by 'head to head' record if teams are level on points.  There's nothing wrong with goal difference, what's the point?

Ah I dunno I like it, it puts more emphasis on the big four games, and I think if it happened in the Premier League it would stop the matches from being snoozey.

When other teams gain 90 yards on freekicks, throw ins etc because the ref doesn't stop them. If a Sunday league ref can tell where a ball went out with two dodgy linesmen then a professional ref should! Last night one of their players must have walked 15 yards up from where it went out before taking the through.

Leagues / groups being decided by 'head to head' record if teams are level on points.  There's nothing wrong with goal difference, what's the point?

Actually, I think it's fairer when it's only over the 3-6 games like group matches. That way it's more about which of either team was better than the other instead of which one managed to slip the most past the team finishing last.

Full 38 game schedules are different and more down to consistency.

La Liga uses head to head. It makes games between relegation candidates and title contenders much spicier.  It's pretty common to say that winning the head to head is worth an extra point.

I think the reason I hate head-to-head is mainly laziness on my part.  I like being able to look at the table and compare points and goal difference, can't be arsed to go looking for individual fixtures.  Silly really, but as I say I don't think there's a lot wrong with goal difference.