Boycoutt Newcastle United Football Club

Paully

Guest godzilla

I can fully understand Shadow and why he goes tbh. My nephew is 5, only been to one game so far but loves Newcastle. It’s going to be hard for my brother to not take him once he gets more into it.

It’s the ‘get away from the wife’ and the ‘Ashley’s not going to stop me from going’ brigade that are the issue imo.

Which is 90 - 95% of the support and that's the problem unfortunately.

The passionate ones weren't there yesterday and it showed. I could hear the sheep bleating from up the road right down at The Gate... we missing were just a few thousand but in terms of the heart and soul of the club I can say with certainty that we are the heartbeat so hold your heads proudly all who chose not to go - its all about principles ...good lads and lasses for holding to yours.

The "Ashley won't stop me going!!" brigade are the "best".

How thick must you be to not see he wants the complete opposite. He didn't put the season ticket prices up to turn people away. He put them up because are thick as fuck fans will still buy it and turn up in the most expensive strip in Europe whilst the club pleads poverty.

I think we can all agree that the East Stand is a pretty boring name for a stand. The club could always rename it the 'Ashley Doesn't Want You Sitting Here' stand, which comes with a premium season ticket price for the loyalest of loyal supporters. Season ticket holders there also have access to an exclusive £20 badge from the club shop that says "Ashley Didn't Stop Me".

That'll really show Ashley they mean business.

I can fully understand Shadow and why he goes tbh. My nephew is 5, only been to one game so far but loves Newcastle. It’s going to be hard for my brother to not take him once he gets more into it.

It’s the ‘get away from the wife’ and the ‘Ashley’s not going to stop me from going’ brigade that are the issue imo.

Nah. There’s a helluva lot of the other section. Enough to take us deep into the 30k bracket anyway.

Guest godzilla

Nah. There’s a helluva lot of the other section. Enough to take us deep into the 30k bracket anyway.

Disagree the perfect opportunity was yesterday and looked what happened. Only way it may imho is a few seasons outside the PL.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/aug/12/premier-league-football-10-talking-points-weekend-action

Premier League: 10 talking points from the weekend’s action

7) Newcastle may have to rethink boycott protests

Around 300 Newcastle fans marched through the rain from the Sports Direct store in Northumberland Street and congregated by the burger van at the bottom of Strawberry Place. They made their presence felt and registered their protest against Mike Ashley’s continued ownership of the club. But still the club were able to announce an attendance of 47,635, just under 5,000 off capacity. That includes season-ticket holders who may not have turned up but, still, despite the filthy weather there did not appear to be more than 6,000‑7,000 empty seats at St James’. This is a major problem for those who wish to organise protests: it will take far more than that not to turn up before any boycott begins to have an impact and, at the moment, there seems very little appetite for that – or, at least, there are enough casual fans willing to pick up tickets to counter the recusant hardcore. Jonathan Wilson.

Posts on here doesnt he?

Think the first game of the season is the worst time to have a protest like. Anticipation is strong, football has been away for a while and at least for now, we're not totally shit. I swore I had no interest in watching but even I went out of my way to watch on Sunday. I suspect many others are the same.

Like Yorkie says, only defeats will turn the match going crowd. Many refuse to see the bigger picture. If it was February and we were 6 points adrift at the bottom or on a winless run, there would be more appetite for it.

Simply, I dont think we are shit enough yet. It will come though. Without doubt.

Really speaks well without coming across as one of the normal idiots we seem to get to represent us in interviews. Fair play.

Your opinion of him would be different if you had to wait for him to never show on the morning of the Reds vs Blues/Lockwood Cup. #NeverForget

In all seriousness, well said Heron. :thup:

Full of admiration for Heron like, he's a real ambassador for those trying to make a difference and I wish more media companies would have him on instead of the whoppers at True Faith or the likes of Wraith who are more interested in their personal profile.

Posts on here doesnt he?

Think the first game of the season is the worst time to have a protest like. Anticipation is strong, football has been away for a while and at least for now, we're not totally shit. I swore I had no interest in watching but even I went out of my way to watch on Sunday. I suspect many others are the same.

Like Yorkie says, only defeats will turn the match going crowd. Many refuse to see the bigger picture. If it was February and we were 6 points adrift at the bottom or on a winless run, there would be more appetite for it.

Simply, I dont think we are shit enough yet. It will come though. Without doubt.

Totally agree on this, once Brewcie gets his feet firmly under the table and he's binned the fancy dan foreign muck for English blood and thunder and we're still getting whacked at the bottom of the table opinions will change.

However that will just lead the press to confirm we're deluded and fickle like they've always said, double edged sword I'm afraid.

Posts on here doesnt he?

Totally agree on this, once Brewcie gets his feet firmly under the table and he's binned the fancy dan foreign muck for English blood and thunder and we're still getting whacked at the bottom of the table opinions will change.

However that will just lead the press to confirm we're deluded and fickle like they've always said, double edged sword I'm afraid.

No offense lads but that stuff is just pathetic horseshit, aye he's crap but his signing in his past jobs are from all over the world, he's many things but not what you're inferring there like.

Posts on here doesnt he?

Think the first game of the season is the worst time to have a protest like. Anticipation is strong, football has been away for a while and at least for now, we're not totally s***. I swore I had no interest in watching but even I went out of my way to watch on Sunday. I suspect many others are the same.

Simply, I dont think we are s*** enough yet. It will come though. Without doubt.

No offense lads but that stuff is just pathetic horseshit, aye he's crap but his signing in his past jobs are from all over the world, he's many things but not what you're inferring there like.

Exactly. He doesn't care if you're black, brown, yellow (orientals make very good workers).

And he's signed El-Mohammady seven times.

Posts on here doesnt he?

Think the first game of the season is the worst time to have a protest like. Anticipation is strong, football has been away for a while and at least for now, we're not totally s***. I swore I had no interest in watching but even I went out of my way to watch on Sunday. I suspect many others are the same.

Simply, I dont think we are s*** enough yet. It will come though. Without doubt.

Exactly. He doesn't care if you're black, brown, yellow (orientals make very good workers).

And he's signed El-Mohammady seven times.

Its certainly not what I was inferring. He's always been more than happy to sign foreign players, even early on in his career. Christoph Dugarry saved his Birmingham side from relegation one year.

I dont think the blood and thunder comment is about that though. If anything, its his rejection of modern tactics that have been shaped on the continent and that attitude of many of his contemporaries such as Pardew, O'Neil and Moyes that grit, determination and team spirit are more important than well thought out game plans. You could even argue that tactical nous is more important than ever in the premier league era.

How many managers have an initial flurry of success then fade away as they fail to replicate it when the game moves on? There's tonnes. The game adapts, the game changes and no more so than in the past few years. Managers have to learn to adapt to change, switch their methods up and incorporate new ideas. Look at Mourinho and his failure in his last two jobs. This is Steve Bruce's 20th year or so in management, with his last 'sucessful' premier league spell being 9 years ago. The evidence is already there. Whatever he had that worked for him and his teams (if it ever really did work) doesnt work anymore. He's finished, he's old hat and he's destined to fail.

TF definitely seem more cosy with this version of the club all of a sudden though, has Michael Martin sacked it off now?

Think he's just a contributor.

The rest all sit on the board of NUST; they all want to be further involved with NUFC and get coin doing so. This was also my issue with the supporters trust being the same people as the fanzine. The fanzine slowly loses it's objectivity as they want to be involved with the club albeit I didn't think it would happen so soon. Same happened down the road when Roker Report became a club mouthpiece for the Don because he bought them a Maccy D's.