Alan Shearer

Weznufc

What's your favourite Shearer goal?

Classic old-style centreforward play. :coolsmiley: We won't see his like again.

Always gets neglected how good his passing and crossing was too. Could have got another 50 if he was on the end of his own crosses

Bar injuries - he would have broken 300 PL goals I reckon and chased down Jimmy Greaves' record.

Always gets neglected how good his passing and crossing was too. Could have got another 50 if he was on the end of his own crosses

Bar injuries - he would have broken 300 PL goals I reckon and chased down Jimmy Greaves' record.

283 top flight goals.

Always a maybe, but considering he missed pretty much two full seasonsthrough injury, and a while with Gullit, being in a bad team for most of it it's not an unreasonable claim.

If he had gone to Man Utd instead of us, could have easily seen 400 given the respective paths of the teams in that time. How terrifying would Shearer and Van Nistelrooy been

Guest reefatoon

Aye, he had his fair share of long term injuries. Terrifying to think how many he would have scored if he didn't have those injuries. Just shows how amazing a striker he was. One of the greatest.

Wonder if he ever looks at his international record and wonders if he thinks he could have done more? 30 in 63 is canny, but when you see the likes of average strikers like Crouch with 22 in 42, Defoe 20 in 57...even Platt got 27 in 62, I think he should have got closer to 40 at least.

Wonder if he ever looks at his international record and wonders if he thinks he could have done more? 30 in 63 is canny, but when you see the likes of average strikers like Crouch with 22 in 42, Defoe 20 in 57...even Platt got 27 in 62, I think he should have got closer to 40 at least.

How many of Crouch's and Defoe's were in tournaments though?

I miss having a striker and goalscorer like him in our team man. We could have always relied. Instead, we have Joelinton now who cost much much more than the great man but is absolute s***.

Shearer would have cost more than Joelinton in the current market

I miss having a striker and goalscorer like him in our team man. We could have always relied. Instead, we have Joelinton now who cost much much more than the great man but is absolute s***.

Shearer would have cost more than Joelinton in the current market

Shearer would cost more than Neymar and MBappe in current market

World record fee for a striker in their prime...would be looking at 250-300m.

Benfica with Souness, Deane, Minto & Pembridge were one of the sides, can’t remember the fourth team?

Empoli according to the BBC. Absolutely nee cunt went to it either, just over 5000.

Happy Birthday Al, now grow some balls and start thinking about your home town club rather than the money you make from promoting the PL and writing articles in the Sun. He could so much to encourage change and is just the person the supporters need to get behind to get rid of Ashley and to get us our club back. Unfortunately it doesn't look like he has the balls to upset lots of footballs vested interests and do it.

Not true. His crossing ability was renowned all over.