The other games today 2018/19

Greg

Looks like the money is finally starting to show in the PL. Superclubs like Chelsea and Arsenal in the EL is a bit grim

Yet nobody outside the top 6 apart from Newcastle can get past the qualifying stage in the last few years.

Think it will begin to be taken more seriously by those teams now. None of the teams competing for 7th now are managed by PFM’s

I hope so I can see Wolves taking it seriously next season if they qualify.

This the first time a nation's had 6 teams through the quarters in European comps? (Guessing there may have been a 3 + 3 sometime)

Spain will have done it in the last few years probably

Aye. Tired of it. Please God can we end their domination.

No rush.

This the first time a nation's had 6 teams through the quarters in European comps? (Guessing there may have been a 3 + 3 sometime)

Spain will have done it in the last few years probably

:thup: 15/16; CL - Atletico, Barca, Real; EL - Bilbao, Sevilla, Villareal. Don't think it's been done with 4 in CL.

Will say it a million times but Everton’s participation has been shocking. Was so pissed a couple years ago when Spurs threw the competion to focus on the PL title which Leicester had pretty much sewn up. Villa did the same about 10 years ago when they really had a shot.

Top three in the CL. 4-7 have a playoff for the last spot. Losers in the EL would be interesting. Might have been kicked about a while back. Think now is the time to implement.

I like this idea even though it would never happen. I think the league format needs to change to make it more exciting.

City have underachieved and bottled it a lot in the CL.  Good chance to get to the final now.  I'd make them favourites over two legs against Juve, assuming they get past Ajax, of course. .

So I'm sure City will lose to Spurs now.

Man U are going to bore their way past Barca and we'll that God awful 'Ole's at the wheel' and the media wanking over him for eternity.

I hope not.

I'm confident Barcelona will beat them like, in both ties. Suarez & Coutinho have that Liverpool/Manchester derby experience and Messi will dismantle that Man U defence.

I'll be expecting a Juventus Barcelona final now I think.

I don't trust any English team against Barcelona, they are all way too open tactically. I know Roma happened but in general over the last few years they've lost to teams who can slow Messi down and i don't trust any English team to do that.

The only team left who i can see doing that is Juventus, i haven't looked at the draw in detail as it pertains to the Semi's but the whole thing is smacking of Juve vs Barca.

I don't trust any English team against Barcelona, they are all way too open tactically. I know Roma happened but in general over the last few years they've lost to teams who can slow Messi down and i don't trust any English team to do that.

The only team left who i can see doing that is Juventus, i haven't looked at the draw in detail as it pertains to the Semi's but the whole thing is smacking of Juve vs Barca.

I’m going for Juve to win it - it’s now or never.for them - the draw on their side is kind - Man C are yet to prove themselves at this level