The other games today 2019/20

Greg

i hate wolves because they have so much ambition and hope and (2x fucked us) out of more points last season and if we had that same type of ownership + Rafa or even a manager of their quality + our support = by gahd.

It's because OGS has no authority and is just one of the lads that that shit happens.

Mind, i seem to remember it happen with us under Rafa at one point.

Does my head in that shit.

It happens all the time. It's infuriating. Rashford should be taking penalties.

Wolves

31% possession

1 shot

0 shots on target

0 touches in opposition box

Will Gary call it a disgrace or boring?

No chance.

Wolves with the 2nd lowest xG of the Premier League weekend just like last week.

They’re overrated attackingly but underrated defensively.

This James kid loves to throw himself on the ground it seems. Crowd was already on his back for it, and he does it again to get an early yellow card.

He's got that Ashley Young technique nailed down really strong. Always amazes me how Messi, despite being small, stays on his feet and is able to out power even the biggest of opponents.

:thup: Messi has tremendous lower-body strength. Kun Agüero as well.

Wolves

31% possession

1 shot

0 shots on target

No chance.

Wolves with the 2nd lowest xG of the Premier League weekend just like last week.

Agree tbh. Don't watch much of them but when I did I always thought they were a defensive team first and foremost last season

Wolves

31% possession

1 shot

0 shots on target

No chance.

Agree tbh. Don't watch much of them but when I did I always thought they were a defensive team first and foremost last season

Isn't that the common perception of Wolves? Their playing style is quite similar how Rafa wanted us to play IMO

I really can’t remember ever giving less of a s*** abut football than this season :lol:. Didn’t realize this game was on until browsing the BBC.

Jesus and that's as a fan of a club who are going places too. Imagine how we feel  :lol:

Personally I still love it as a neutral and from a fpl perspective

I've avoided posting too much about it on here because I was worried I'd overstep the mark. Obviously I've become pretty disillusioned with many aspects of the game, despite my own team being on the up and up. My wife's a Villa fan, and I've had similar conversations with Villa fans, but many of them are suddenly back engaged because their team are not as shite, got promoted, and have spent money. I mean, I get it, but it doesn't change the underlying problems, and it rather suggests that the real season they became disillusioned with football was just that their team were shite at it.

Which brings me here, I guess. I didn't post too much about it because I suspect I was concerned I was being a self-righteous bastard who felt walking away while we were good was somehow more meaningful than, say, walking away while Mike Ashley systemically destroys your club. I don't want to be like that. Someone did say essentially "cry me a river", but I truly am sad that the sport I love has come to this. I can't be neutral because I've been a fan for 40+ years - there is no neutral :lol:. I still wanted Man U to get stuffed tonight, as soon as I realized they were playing.

Anyway, that's my slightly sad rant over, just got off work and going to see if an IPA helps :lol:.

I think that is a fair post.  I know people who support clubs ranging from League Two to the Premier League and quite a lot of them seem to be disillusioned with the modern game.

I'm sure it is partly due to the fact I have lost interest in NUFC.  But I have found my love of the game has diminished quite a bit over the last few years.  The money is obscene and the gap just gets bigger to the top/rich clubs.  The cheating/faking injury has gone way too far, I don't like how VAR has been implemented, the atmosphere at games has gone, most of the shows and punditry does my head in and a lot of the social media stuff from players and super fans is pure  :anguish:

I'm sure there is more, but I've fell out of love with it at the top level, for sure.  It certainly doesn't seem sustainable or particularly enjoyable anymore. 

I think that is a fair post.  I know people who support clubs ranging from League Two to the Premier League and quite a lot of them seem to be disillusioned with the modern game.

I'm sure it is partly due to the fact I have lost interest in NUFC.  But I have found my love of the game has diminished quite a bit over the last few years.  The money is obscene and the gap just gets bigger to the top/rich clubs.  The cheating/faking injury has gone way too far, I don't like how VAR has been implemented, the atmosphere at games has gone, most of the shows and punditry does my head in and a lot of the social media stuff from players and super fans is pure  :anguish:

I'm sure there is more, but I've fell out of love with it at the top level, for sure.  It certainly doesn't seem sustainable or particularly enjoyable anymore. 

I'm with you on this completely. Can't even bring myself to join any fantasy leagues or do predictions. Just completely fallen out of love with the game.

Same really, however i think most of it is down to the state we are in.

Rafa and new owners i'd be fucking buzzing.

Oh for sure.  Well, to a certain degree.  The gap to the top clubs just gets bigger and bigger and there are still so many things that do my head in with it. 

Fans of other clubs who are doing well that I speak to think the same.  When Liverpool, Spurs and Man U supporting mates complain to me, I do find it hard to sympathise :lol:  But I do get it.

Wolves

31% possession

1 shot

0 shots on target

No chance.

Isn't that the common perception of Wolves? Their playing style is quite similar how Rafa wanted us to play IMO

Very similar.

Our back 3 and defensive shape was just as good it was just a shame Rafa Benitez was made to wait till January to get Almiron.

That Almiron, Perez, Rondon front 3 gave us the type of balance Wolves have, it was the balance Rafa Benitez was trying to build.

It’d love to have seen how good we would have done with Almiron, Perez, Rondon as our front 3/3-4-2-1 for a full season.

Unfortunately we’ll never know.