Is Luque that bad ???

Guest SLK

Clearly our team was struggling after the 65th minute and we started to get tired and lose position...Rossi wasn't as effective as first half and Zoggy wasn't doing anything...

Why didn't Roeder freshened things up a bit earlier rather than leaving it till the 84th minute to do a substitution...I had no problem with Milner coming on for Solano as the latter was getting tired but that should have been done earlier...

Why Luque wasn't even tried at all is beyond me ? I mean the whole striking force is out injured and you have a 19 year old who did ok the first half but started to struggle in the 2nd half...Why not replace him with half an hour to go and see if Luque can resurrect his carrier...It is not like we have many options anyway...Why not try something different, something that will make Charlton think about and try to change their style of play...We were very predictable in the 2nd half...

What has Roeder against Luque ????

Guest smoggeordie

He's seen absolutely nothing that suggests that Luque could come on and turn a game.

Except goals against Sunderland, PSV and Villerreal in brief appearences against them.

He's seen absolutely nothing that suggests that Luque could come on and turn a game.

That's absolutely BULLSHIT you know...What a lame execuse...

FFS we don't have that luxury to not try a 10 milion pound signing...WE ARE NOT GOING TO CREATE LESS CHANCES THAN WE ARE CREATING NOW IF LUQUE PLAYS....It's not like we are winning games by the way..hellooooooooo

Guest Moe-Ali

Fuck that, Luque should have been on today.

Roeder is a dick.

Bringing milner on in the 83rd was a large mistake.

Luque for Duff in the 70th would be the right sub.

FUCK OFF GLEN.

WE'RE NOT GOING DOWN WITH YOU!

Except goals against Sunderland, PSV and Villerreal in brief appearences against them.

a) He scored the Sunderland goal when we were crusing at 3-1

b) the PSV goal was a penalty

c) he didn't score against Villareal but did lose his marker who went on and headered the ball into the net to make it 1-3

Guest smoggeordie

c) he didn't score against Villareal but did lose his marker who went on and headered the ball into the net to make it 1-3

Oh aye, forgot about ©.

IMO he actually looked impressive in those 2 pre season friendlies.

Yep, he did all those things and yes they all count for something, ffs at least give him a try imo... he's a professional footballer... leaving him on the sidelines for so long is bound to inject some kind of passion in him to prove people wrong, if i was him and after all this i got played i'd try everything to prove the manager wrong.. i'm suprised roader hasn't even used him as one of his fucking 2 min subtitutions..  it's a disgrace he wasn't a bad player.. but coming here, jesus wept, he may aswell of wrote off his career altogether!

I don't understand your logic mate...I mean WE ARE NOT SCORING GOALS WITH THE CURRENT PLAYERS...FOR CRYING OUT LOUD WHAT HAVE WE GOT TO LOSE IF WE TRIED LUQUE FOR 30 F***ING MINUTES ????

Agree with J-Hall to a degree. For all we know, Luque could very well be playing like an -actual- 5-year old girl,... for all we know.

That being said, Roeder should inform the fans what is going on with Luque and why a £9m is on the bench regardless of circumstance. He doesn't necessarily have to berate him publicly, but a tactful explanation would do.

In pre season it really looked like Luque was going to be a part of things this season. That finally Roeder was going to put his talent to use.

But no, he's gone back to treating him like a piece of shite.

Agree with J-Hall to a degree. For all we know, Luque could very well be playing like an -actual- 5-year old girl,... for all we know.

not really. he scored two good goals for the reserves when most players in his position would've put in minimal effort and just gone through the motions. and then he scored for catalunya.

What we do know is that we have very few options and still there's no Luque. What was the worst that could happen by putting him on for half an hour today? Why have him on the bench?

not really. he scored two good goals for the reserves when most players in his position would've put in minimal effort and just gone through the motions. and then he scored for catalunya.

Fair point! blueyes.gif

That was 3 weeks ago, though. There may be other extenuating circumstances however. Roeder's silence is more worrying to me - hoping no one would notice?!