The unpopular football opinion thread

Deuce

By and large I find football pretty boring to watch unless it's an important game, Newcastle are playing, or I'm with people.

I'll rarely go out of my way to watch run of the mill games by myself.

This. I like to watch all the PL games I can on the first few weeks to see all the new players and just the excitement of a new season. After September I have the games on but I'm always doing something else during the games and not really paying attention.

I find it easier to pick-up a random MLS game than a random PL game for some reason.

I'm not as attached to any particular MLS team as I am to Newcastle, so maybe that has something to do with it.

I just love football man. Used to love being back home and watching Super Sunday where'd you get two Premier League games and then a La Liga one straight after. ESPN used to have Serie A highlights on after that too. :lol:

I'd say the only other sport/game that catches my attention as much as football is darts, but it's obviously not even close. Football is life.

Dortmund play the most exciting football in Europe. High pressing counter attacking is a thing of beauty.

Marco Reus is one of the best players in Europe.

Gotze is overrated.

You're not very good at this :lol:

Guest palnese

I like Steven Gerrard.

I don't hate Mike Ashley. I want him gone, don't get me wrong, but I just can't bring myself to hate him. The same goes for JFK.Stockholm syndrome ftw.

I fucking love a hard tackle. It's like some kind of weird fetish .  :lol:

Probably not an unpopular opinion, but I just don't enjoy watching football as much as I did when I was younger. That's probably linked with our general shitness. Last season I hardly watched any CL games, and I couldn't give a flying fuck about the PL, or any other league.

Santon is probably my favourite NUFC-player, and I enjoy watching him just as much as the likes of Ben Arfa.

I still like Tiote and I fucking love Shola.

I think the Premier League is as weak now as it ever has been.

I dont think Debuchy will cut it (from the early evidence).

I think Sissoko has zero technical ability and is the kind of footballer I hate to watch. 

To be fair Evra had a cracking season last year. Adding to the fact I support Manchester United and I absolutely adore Evra this is probably one of the rare cases where I'm a bit biased. :lol:

When he scored that header against us last year I wanted the world to die. I can usually tolerate him but that literally sent me apoplectic.

I would have thought his goal in the 4-3 would have hurt more.

Typical for you guys like. He hasn't scored over a goal a season in 8 years with us. Last season he scores 4 and 2 are against NUFC. :lol:

We are THAT team. Any droughts we are there to end. We should probably start charging for it tbh.

Saying a player is "overrated" means fuck all, it definitely doesn't make it an "unpopular opinion".

This post isn't an unpopular football opinion either tbf, I'm just saying.

Guest Phil K

To be fair Evra had a cracking season last year. Adding to the fact I support Manchester United and I absolutely adore Evra this is probably one of the rare cases where I'm a bit biased. :lol:

When he scored that header against us last year I wanted the world to die. I can usually tolerate him but that literally sent me apoplectic.

I would have thought his goal in the 4-3 would have hurt more.

Typical for you guys like. He hasn't scored over a goal a season in 8 years with us. Last season he scores 4 and 2 are against NUFC. :lol:

Sigh. I'ts true, sadly. It's 'cos we're cursed (seriously) anything that CAN go wrong, generally does.

I mean, if you need proof of that statement, all I can say is Ashley...... Pardew.......KINNEAR for God's sake....

Graham Carr isn't a good talent scout. He is just a man who is good at networking and schmoozing with French agents.

Arsene Wenger is fucking brilliant.

Bundesliga is way overrated in terms of the football actually played, aside from that it's brilliant.

Holding the World Cup in Russia is a good thing (apart from England not getting it)

We should have a winter break but with sanctions meaning teams have to down tools. It should come in January.

Having a near totally foreign squad is fucking wank.

Part of me hopes the PL bubble totally bursts.

Graham Carr isn't a good talent scout. He is just a man who is good at networking and schmoozing with French agents.

I agree with that. He's a good spotter of the right deal at the right time than actually spotting players. At least that's what he's done for us. Not that one is better than the other like, the effect is still us getting good players for superb prices.

Guest neesy111

100% correct imo.

There's not enough on TV.

Give me copious amounts of football over 90% of other stuff on telly.

Same, I don't have Sky so I definitely don't think there's enough on. Specifically not being able to watch every NUFC game is a pain.

Fabregas is extremely overrated. Immense talent, but has no real desire. Bottler of the highest order.

absolutely fantastic when at arsenal, moved up and didn't make it. be very intersting if he has any desire when,if he moves on.

He's not a bottler like. I like the way he insists on taking the 5th penalty for Spain in shoot-outs.