Dogawful Officiating

Guest YANKEEBLEEDSMAGPIE

Guest bimpy474

To get respect you have to earn respect, our refs lose all respect mainly because they are so shit its untrue, they miss things that a Sunday park ref wouldn't, its embarrassing.

To get respect you have to earn respect, our refs lose all respect mainly because they are so shit its untrue, they miss things that a Sunday park ref wouldn't, its embarrassing.

:thup:

This season has been particularly bad. I don't think it's a case of there being increased scrutiny (i.e. the media), I really think they've been that bad.

How can you respect referees who are giving utterly ridiculous decisions week after week, displaying little to no consistency?

The worst thing is that these really are the best refs in the country, you don't realise that until you've spent a year in the Championship.

At least the Premier League refs only drop one or two absolute clangers a game, the League ones, you're lucky if they manage to toss the coin correctly.

Do you still have no recourse to overturn a sending off from two yellows?

Spurs should certainly be allowed to appeal against Kaboul's red/suspension and be successful.

On what grounds though? They'd never get either rescinded IMO.

Guest bimpy474

I have just seen something so disgusting there, the 4th official gets Kaboul booked for pointing out he made the glasses sign at the ref, yet doesn't tell the ref about the pen Kaboul should have been given, the reason he was so angry to do the glasses sign in the first place.

So the 4th official can get involved for that but not to point out a foul........our FA and refs make me puke, they are utter shit its untrue.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Give the 4th Official a TV and let him use his mic to help the ref. How would it be any different to a linesmen flagging up something he saw and getting the ref's attention?

Guest bimpy474

Do you still have no recourse to overturn a sending off from two yellows?

Spurs should certainly be allowed to appeal against Kaboul's red/suspension and be successful.

Your not allowed to overturn a red card coming from two yellows, only straight reds, the only time a yellow can be overturned is a case of mistaken identity, yet in Italy and Spain you can appeal a yellow, another reason our FA are massively shit.

On the grounds that the second yellow was ridiculously harsh just like you would say of an overly harsh red.

It has similar repercussions in that he gets sent off and will miss another game yet completely different appeal process. A non existent appeal process, even.

Does a manager (in this instance, Redknapp) have any recourse to have the referee's performance appraised/investigated and have appropriate sanctions taken?

The fabric of football seems so corrupt and undemocratic these days that it doesn't seem as outrageous, but there is a level of ineptitude which ought to be intolerable. Referees who mess up on the big stage consistently shouldn't be able to continue referee in the Premier League.

There simply must be some sort of effective disciplinary and review process. If players/managers are to ever respect referees (fat chance, I know) there must be a respect for a system that works and can govern itself transparently and fairly.

Guest bimpy474

Does a manager (in this instance, Redknapp) have any recourse to have the referee's performance appraised/investigated and have appropriate sanctions taken?

The fabric of football seems so corrupt and undemocratic these days that it doesn't seem as outrageous, but there is a level of ineptitude which ought to be intolerable. Referees who mess up on the big stage consistently shouldn't be able to continue referee in the Premier League.

There simply must be some sort of effective disciplinary and review process. If players/managers are to ever respect referees (fat chance, I know) there must be a respect for a system that works and can govern itself transparently and fairly.

He has but as most managers say "whats the point", the FA just dont listen anyway.

On the grounds that the second yellow was ridiculously harsh just like you would say of an overly harsh red.

It has similar repercussions in that he gets sent off and will miss another game yet completely different appeal process. A non existent appeal process, even.

Whilst I agree it was ridiculously harsh, it's not the kind of thing that would be rescinded IMO. The fact he was sent off as a result of it is of no relevance.

Guest bimpy474

Should turn this thread into a record of all the faults refs commit each game over the course of the rest of the season...

Be a 1000 pages long by next Sunday like.