Worst ever Newcastle midfielder?

Amdy Faye quite comfortably in my time.

Aye, great shout. What a transfer window that was.

celestine-babayaro-and-jeanalain-boumsong-picture-id829467182

Celestine Babayaro was awful. Managed the feat of making Liam Lawrence look like a quality winger against us.

Des Hamilton is usually mentioned but I can’t really remember what he did.

Incessant, low quality online forum patter.

He would have fitted in well on here then, but what type of midfield performances did he turn out?

I’d say Colback was worse than Smith. At least Smith participated in turning the club around but for all his effort was just a bit pap. Colback came as an average player and became an abomination of one. The amount of attacks he ruined by not playing it forward or the free kicks he gave away in dangerous areas.

Colback scored like four times from midfield in his first season. He's a piece of shit but miles away from being the worst.

Same answer that I gave for the striker question: Alan Smith. He played enough times in each position to win both awards. Even Faye looked alright when he first arrived. Nicky Butt in the relegation season was absolutely laughable but he had at least one reasonable spell.

Smith, Butt, Colback in recent years, but christ we’ve had some shite there since I’ve been a supporter. Not necessarily included for ability, but I hated Bowyer and Duff. Pair of cunts.

Guest chopey

Those were all superstars compared to some of our crap in the 80s / early 90s we bought Roy Aitken from Celtic and all he did was stand in the middle of the park and shout, he didn't even move around or look for the ball, it was honestly like Rafa going all full kit wanker and managing the team from the center circle.

Pardew brought Alan Smith on for sentimental reasons in the last game of his contract. We were winning 3 - 0 or 3 - 1 with not long to go. The game ended 3 - 3 and NUFC dropped a few places down the table costing the club millions in prize money. Quite the fitting cameo. Alan Smith never scored for us. His speciality was fouling opposition players just outside our penalty area.

Pardew brought Alan Smith on for sentimental reasons in the last game of his contract. We were winning 3 - 0 or 3 - 1 with not long to go. The game ended 3 - 3 and NUFC dropped a few places down the table costing the club millions in prize money. Quite the fitting cameo. Alan Smith never scored for us. His speciality was fouling opposition players just outside our penalty area.

Remember watching this in a pub in Bournemouth. Was very pissed off:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/13444173

Guest reefatoon

Wayne Fereday. Fucking abysmal. What about poor Ian Bogie. Tipped to be the new Gazza after we sold him to Spurs, only for him to be shite and nowhere near as good. Lots of pressure on the poor bastard. Cracking hair though

Guest reefatoon

Billy Askew was a good shout mind, looked nothing like a footballer. Other shite out wide were Ian Stewart, Glyn Hodges and Franz Carr. Back in the centre Gary Megson was fucking rancid.