Relegationometer

Yorkie

Relegationometer  

332 members have voted

1. 1. We going down then or what? 10 - aye, doomed, no hope of salvation / 5 - can't call it / 0 - nah we're sound, can't wait for next season

Unless there’s improvement I don’t see us staying up, like. To have two seasons in a row where the results outdo performances would be very fortunate. We need better full-backs, more mobility in midfield and a goalscorer. Probably someone to push Almiron & ASM too because the drop in talent from those two to Atsu is shocking.

PL clubs are in a position of strength this summer due to the TV money. Other clubs will have to sell at greatly deflated prices this summer and there are deals to be had.

Therefore I think the bottom half of the table will not be dictated by net spend, it will be dictated by who makes the smartest deals, who have the best coaches, and which teams have the best determination.

I think we will go down.

The mood around the place is at an all time low, we aren’t going to invest in the firepower we need and we have Bruce picking the team.

Would be great if we did go down tbh.

We might go down, but the odds are we won't. As dreadful as we are to watch we are still a level above WBA, Fulham and (probably) Leeds. We are a better team than Villa, especially defensively and probably on a par with Brighton who could go either way next year. Throw in West Ham and Palace (who I think will have a very bad year next year) and there's just too many teams who are equally as bad or worse than us in the mix.

We can defend which goes a long way in this league unfortunately.

We might go down, but the odds are we won't. As dreadful as we are to watch we are still a level above WBA, Fulham and (probably) Leeds. We are a better team than Villa, especially defensively and probably on a par with Brighton who could go either way next year. Throw in West Ham and Palace (who I think will have a very bad year next year) and there's just too many teams who are equally as bad or worse than us in the mix.

You've clearly not watched Leeds play. They're way better than us.

Bear in mind we barely scraped past a weakened WBA in the cup. That's our level.

Only Norwich conceded more than us away, a whole season under Bruce, with Rafa's defensive know how finally expelled from the team.

I've no doubt we'll have the worst defensive record, we'll be pigs to the slaughter under Lord Bacon.

Only Norwich conceded more than us away, a whole season under Bruce, with Rafa's defensive know how finally expelled from the team.

I've no doubt we'll have the worst defensive record, we'll be pigs to the slaughter under Lord Bacon.

Why are you just focusing on away games? Looking at that we had the 9th best home defensive record in the league. Saying you'll have 'no doubt' we will have the worst defensive record is just wrong.

Bear in mind we barely scraped past a weakened WBA in the cup. That's our level.

Oh come on  :lol: I've seen them play a number of times against Championship teams and Championship defences. It's incomparable. They might do well, they might not. As a reminder, Norwich finished 5 points clear of Sheffield United in their promotion seasons.

Oh come on  :lol: I've seen them play a number of times against Championship teams and Championship defences. It's incomparable. They might do well, they might not. As a reminder, Norwich finished 5 points clear of Sheffield United in their promotion seasons.

A fair point. I think with teams coming up from Championship, it can be tricky to predict how they'll do.

• 5 weeks later...

Poll reset. I'm going with a 7 despite the new signings. While I do think they are all decent enough signings, they are hardly world beaters and hell three of them just got relegated this season.

Dont trust in Bruce at all, and if we do sack him, it'll probably be too late anyway.

I'm a 4. We've strengthened, but I don't think the part of the league that we will compete in particularly has. With a competent manager I'd be sat at a 1 but Sodium Steve sat in the dugout makes it a possibility. You never know, a few key unlucky injuries caused by him getting people to "run off" ACLs and using the magic sponge to fix hamstring tears, a couple of drubbings at the wrong time (wuh got wuh backsides kicked that's for sure) and we'll easy be dragged into the mire.

Really?

Yeah, but I've never really believed in the relegationometer. :lol: It's a yes or no question for me, will we go down or won't we. I have absolutely no doubt at all that we'll stay up so I'm therefore a zero. I think I argue this every season which is thoroughly tedious for everyone I'm sure.

Anyway, the squad has a strong mentality, lots of talent and - assuming Dubravka makes it back in good time - no aching deficiencies where the player occupying a position literally isn't capable of playing in this division. We actually had that last season at CF, yet still survived comfortably. And manager-wise, Bruce is Pardew, not McClaren. We'll be absolutely fine.

Might change my vote if ASM, Dubravka and Wilson all break their legs.