Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

And on it rumbles...

Previous thread: https://www.newcastle-online.org/forum/index.php?topic=104153.0

---------------------------------------

1st July

NUFC Statement

Discussion from pg 961

https://www.nufc.co.uk/news/latest-news/club-statement-010721/

The Club continues to receive requests for updates on its current arbitration claim against the Premier League (‘EPL’) considering the lawfulness of the EPL’s decisions regarding the proposed takeover of the Club involving the PIF.

Unfortunately, the Club is unable to make any comment about the arbitration. The EPL Rules provide the entire arbitration process is confidential.

However, both parties can agree for it to be in public. The Club believes it should be.

The issues at stake, including the lawfulness of the EPL’s decision making process and the widely publicised alleged influence of the EPL’s commercial partners on the EPL’s decisions, are of far wider interest to other football clubs, fans and the public in general.

The recent attempted breakaway by some EPL clubs - and the reaction of the government and public to it - has again highlighted the need for transparency and fairness in football governance. Gone are the days when important decisions that affect clubs and their fans should be made secretly, behind closed doors and away from the public eye.

The Club has nothing to hide with respect to the arbitration and invites the EPL to agree that it should no longer be held behind closed doors. If the EPL has acted lawfully and properly, it should have no reason to be afraid of the public spotlight.

To date the EPL has strongly resisted any public scrutiny of its decision-making process. It tried, and failed, to prevent the High Court’s judgment about elements of the arbitration being published last February. It is currently attempting to prevent the competition courts considering a claim by the Club’s sellers from taking place in public, arguing that too should be held in confidential arbitration.

So the Club has invited the EPL to agree - as the claim raises such important issues of sports governance, transparency and openness - that it should be held in public. The Club is prepared for every stage of the process to be in public: the public should be able to see the parties’ evidence and arguments as well as the full decision of the Tribunal when it is made.

The government quite rightly threatened to intervene in reaction to the proposed breakaway from the EPL earlier this year, and the reaction of football fans and the wider public was instrumental in stopping the emergence of the European Super League (ESL).

If the EPL continues to insist that the Club’s claim must be determined behind closed doors, the Club asks that MPs, the government, the media and the general public call on the EPL to finally accept public scrutiny of its decision-making process.

4th July

Staveley writes to Tracey Crouch

Discussion from pg 975

5th July

Tracey Crouch responds to Staveley's letter

Discussion from pg 980

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/newcastle-takeover-staveley-tracey-crouch-20972873.amp

5th July

Following submissions of evidence by both the Premier League and St James' Holdings in CAT jurisdiction case, the PL is given a further seven days to 'file and serve evidence'. 

https://www.catribunal.org.uk/cases/14025721-st-james-holdings-limited

5th July

Staveley speaks with SSN

Discussion from pg 986

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/12349465/newcastle-takeover-amanda-staveley-wants-uk-government-and-premier-league-to-make-arbitration-transparent?s=09

6th July

Government responds to Staveley's letter to Dowden

Discussion from pg 991

July 7th

Staveley speaks to ITV

Discussion from pg 994

https://www.itv.com/news/tyne-tees/2021-07-07/amanda-staveley-tells-itv-tyne-tees-shes-committed-to-nufc-takeover-deal

Crock of shit and of course he praises Bruce

I've read it, he's like a dog with 2 dicks. He's heard something, no doubt about it and its the same source that's leaking over here. This really is the day the worm turned imo.

Have you just done a complete 180? :lol: Didn't understand your confidence that the Saudis cutting off Bein was a good thing at all but also don't think its just finished now

More like a 540  :lol:

I had heard something before the start of last week, then keys came out with his shite, and it really looked like end game. My feeling was KSA has agreed a deal with the rights and everyone was happy. That obviously was misplaced and now we’re left with the fallout of the whole thing going off the rails. I’m guessing the pl are thinking wtf you do that for, as they were close to putting it through, but now hang back to see what KSA do next.

This stalemate will go on for a few more weeks then it’ll get too close to the new season and for the good of the club they buyers will pull out and the pl will pay them the deposit Ashley gets to keep. Whether another bid comes in I do not know, but fully expect this to clear the way for Qatar to own Leeds and it go through within a few weeks.

For the first time I think it’s fucked. Too many noises coming out. I really hope I’m wrong coz if I’m not I’m finished with football.

Same. I've definitely swayed now, seems fucked.  I thought keys bollocks last week was more about taking the piss as well. I reckon they made the decision a couple of weeks ago,  toys out the pram etc.

Nothing that I have heard today or yesterday has made me question it still happening.

Same old journalists going through the same negative rumours. They have been proven time and time again to speak out of their arse.

It’s been a few weeks since we have had a proper negative day, and with the season coming towards and end, the attention was always going to turn back towards the takeover, and for as long as it’s not confirmed, there will be negative articles and they will come all at once with everyone piling onto it, as they have done for the last 15 weeks.

:thup:

Truth is there's been no actual  news since last Tuesday. Even that was ambiguous as to how it could affect a takeover.

The likes of Waugh, Bird and Edwards have consistently shown to know very little throughout the saga. Even Caulkin, who has close ties to the buyers has been in the dark.

Guest godzilla

f*** it, I'm back in

Aye, the f***ing space cowboy.

The bloke is an absolute cunt  :lol:, the only way we have a new owner come August is if the current bid is passed.

Guest godzilla

Is this one for the Mauriss takeover?

In his simple mind he thinks so, let's say the takeover is knocked back; there will be an appeal and then a court case to follow before any bid can be even agreed. Not very bright is Mr Edwards, unless he actually thinks the Saudi bid will win (somehow I don't think he does)

I don't mind now if the Saudis takeover fails, and I know that Mauriss is just a chancer fraud. Heck, I won't even mind Mike Ashley still owning us. Nothing new for the past 13 years.

But I absolutely despise that Steve fucking bacon Bruce will still be the manager come the new season after all the dross and shit that has been served on the football pitch plus the filthy drivel that has come out of his gob this past week. That I cannot fathom and accept.

People need to give it a rest with the "there will be a legal battle if it fails" bollocks. There will be no legal repercussions. All parties will say nothing and try to pretend that the whole farce never happened, allowing it to fizzle out with barely a murmur of complant. Meanwhile we will be left to pick up the pieces once again.

I get why people keep peddling the legal action line. Its because they feel that someone, somewhere needs to pay a price for making us fans suffer like this. But its not going to happen. Unfortunately we are the ones who will be in bits about this and all of the other parties will just walk away with a shrug.

Is this one for the Mauriss takeover?

In his simple mind he thinks so, let's say the takeover is knocked back; there will be an appeal and then a court case to follow before any bid can be even agreed. Not very bright is Mr Edwards, unless he actually thinks the Saudi bid will win (somehow I don't think he does)

What evidence is there to suggest that there'd be a court case ?

Would there even be grounds for taking it to court?

It's the PL's O&D test, it's not British law to the best of my knowledge. If the buyers fail it,and then are unsuccessful with their appeal, then it's basically tough shit isn't it ?

People need to give it a rest with the "there will be a legal battle if it fails" bollocks. There will be no legal repercussions. All parties will say nothing and try to pretend that the whole farce never happened, allowing it to fizzle out with barely a murmur of complant. Meanwhile we will be left to pick up the pieces once again.

I get why people keep peddling the legal action line. Its because they feel that someone, somewhere needs to pay a price for making us fans suffer like this. But its not going to happen. Unfortunately we are the ones who will be in bits about this and all of the other parties will just walk away with a shrug.

Absolutely no way it fizzles out with the current state of play between Qatar and Saudi. Whoever gets the outcome they favour will immediately spin it as a victory.

Unfortunately this, all parties especially the Saudis will want this swept away.

Bein have definitely received some encouraging noises from the PL here, and it does feel as though the decision to ban them has not gone down well.

Absolutely no way it fizzles out with the current state of play between Qatar and Saudi. Whoever gets the outcome they favour will immediately spin it as a victory.

That's the only glimmer of hope that I see that the Saudis dont want to lose face by being beaten by Qatar.

Guest Howaythetoon

10000000000% confident. Keys man, knows less than fucking Bruce when it comes to football. He was flying a defeatist white flag only the other day, not one of them have a clue :lol: