Various: N-O has lost the plot over potential end of Mike Ashley's tenure

Jinky Jim

Guest Howaythetoon

It won’t be rejected and if it does there will be the mother of all legal appeals that will eventually unmask the farce that is the PL’s fit and proper owners test and every other corruptness within the organisation. Masters is way out of his depth politically and won’t survive this if they do not pass the takeover. It will happen, there is a stalemate right now, Saudi are in a take it or leave it mode, wanna go to court, PL don’t want to piss off others, Saudi have the upper hand and it’s the PL who are in a bit of a pickle right now.

They will bend eventually, legally they have no other option than to pass it or get taken to the cleaners legally. They like the corrupt scum they are, are just trying to extort as much as they can for themselves like the gangsters they are out of the deal, they don’t care about piracy, their partners, NUFC or some bogus fit and proper owners test and the Saudis see this, resent this and are in a fuck you mode! Patience for us fans - it will be concluded soon, one way or another. I’m again still 100% confident!

So many pages for absolutely no new info. Nothing has changed IMO.  The Premier League don't want to reject the takeover, and also know they have no legitimate reason to.  But they don't want to offend BEIN, so they're waiting and looking for a way round it.  It's quite hard to see a way round it, but it's even harder, pretty much impossible, to see a way they can reject it.

1. Telling a major UK partner they aren't fit to own a club.

2. Losing any chance of stopping piracy.

3 Losing the kind of major investment into their league they crave right at the time it's needed most (even in a pandemic the PL gets major investment because we are the biggest and best is exactly the brand they want).

Its hard as a Newcastle fan to expect anything good.  But I just can't see it being rejected.  If they somehow do, well I'll go back to ignoring everything about the club, at least I've had practice over the last 9 or so months.  But like I say for me it just seems unimaginable they will reject this.

Jacobs always seems pretty clued up but I’m always wary due to bein connection. Must admit his tweet about 100 mp’s wanting to block the deal has me worried slightly. I’m unsure how he would have that information though and seems a bit far fetched.

Confidence has certainly been knocked today, however I still don’t think we can be sure which way this heading just yet.

Surely if the PL act on political pressure then they are in direct conflict with FIFA and UEFA who prohibit any political involvement in football?

There's just so many what ifs for both sides of the decision so the PL really do need to take their checklist and go through each question as it's written and we either tick the box or we don't. Anything else just leads to court

Jacobs always seems pretty clued up but I’m always wary due to bein connection. Must admit his tweet about 100 mp’s wanting to block the deal has me worried slightly. I’m unsure how he would have that information though and seems a bit far fetched.

Confidence has certainly been knocked today, however I still don’t think we can be sure which way this heading just yet.

As a former beIN employee I would imagine many of his sources would be within beIN. Who knows if their delibrately feeding him negative spin to destabilise the bid.

He reckons he has been told this info by Saudi sources.

So many pages for absolutely no new info. Nothing has changed IMO.  The Premier League don't want to reject the takeover, and also know they have no legitimate reason to.  But they don't want to offend BEIN, so they're waiting and looking for a way round it.  It's quite hard to see a way round it, but it's even harder, pretty much impossible, to see a way they can reject it.

1. Telling a major UK partner they aren't fit to own a club.

2. Losing any chance of stopping piracy.

3 Losing the kind of major investment into their league they crave right at the time it's needed most (even in a pandemic the PL gets major investment because we are the biggest and best is exactly the brand they want).

Its hard as a Newcastle fan to expect anything good.  But I just can't see it being rejected.  If they somehow do, well I'll go back to ignoring everything about the club, at least I've had practice over the last 9 or so months.  But like I say for me it just seems unimaginable they will reject this.

The economic ramifications for the North East are huge too. They are bringing huge potential investment, jobs and improvement to the city and area. The pressure on the PL is immense. As ever, they still have more to lose by rejecting it and will upset more people if they reject it. There will be a few protests if they approve it but everyone will likely move on. Don't feel that would be the same if they rejected it.

Also, the Jacobs tweet/thread reads as pretty neutral. It could equally be interpreted as good or bad. I'm not sure why folk are getting sandy vaginas over it.

EVERYONE IS A QATARI AGENT WHO HATES NEWCASTLE

Guest chopey

This is true, also with the Rubens, I know they already invest in Newcastle but I bet that would be ramped up if the club was starting to be successful

Citing Israel as a precedent.

Did not see that coming.

What’s to stop Saudi coming to an monetary agreement with Israel to Legally use their broadcast stream, thus bypassing the problem with Bein?

Nothing, the Saudis could then legally broadcast PL matches in Israel, to Israelis.

Not sure how this addresses the matter at hand though?

The matter in hand seems to keep harping back to bein being blocked so the Saudis have no way to watch the PL which seems to be the main PL problem, an agreement with Israel bypasses that problem

no it doesn't as it would be in breach of beins contract with the premier league as the exclusive rights holders for the MENA region which SA is in. Also it involves Saudi Arabia acknowledging the existence of Isreal which they don't currently do. Theres a much better chance of Qatar and SA kissing and making up than that happening

It won’t be rejected and if it does there will be the mother of all legal appeals that will eventually unmask the farce that is the PL’s fit and proper owners test and every other corruptness within the organisation. Masters is way out of his depth politically and won’t survive this if they do not pass the takeover. It will happen, there is a stalemate right now, Saudi are in a take it or leave it mode, wanna go to court, PL don’t want to p*ss off others, Saudi have the upper hand and it’s the PL who are in a bit of a pickle right now.

They will bend eventually, legally they have no other option than to pass it or get taken to the cleaners legally. They like the corrupt scum they are, are just trying to extort as much as they can for themselves like the gangsters they are out of the deal, they don’t care about piracy, their partners, NUFC or some bogus fit and proper owners test and the Saudis see this, resent this and are in a f*** you mode! Patience for us fans - it will be concluded soon, one way or another. I’m again still 100% confident!

Im back in  ;)

Crock of shit and of course he praises Bruce

I've read it, he's like a dog with 2 dicks. He's heard something, no doubt about it and its the same source that's leaking over here. This really is the day the worm turned imo.

Mind you, I didn’t for one minute think the Saudi’s banning Bein was a good thing for the takeover.

Hope BeoutQ comes back one million times worse and more dopey cunts lose their jobs because of it If this fails.

Crock of shit and of course he praises Bruce

I've read it, he's like a dog with 2 dicks. He's heard something, no doubt about it and its the same source that's leaking over here. This really is the day the worm turned imo.

Have you just done a complete 180? :lol: Didn't understand your confidence that the Saudis cutting off Bein was a good thing at all but also don't think its just finished now

It won’t be rejected and if it does there will be the mother of all legal appeals that will eventually unmask the farce that is the PL’s fit and proper owners test and every other corruptness within the organisation. Masters is way out of his depth politically and won’t survive this if they do not pass the takeover. It will happen, there is a stalemate right now, Saudi are in a take it or leave it mode, wanna go to court, PL don’t want to piss off others, Saudi have the upper hand and it’s the PL who are in a bit of a pickle right now.

They will bend eventually, legally they have no other option than to pass it or get taken to the cleaners legally. They like the corrupt scum they are, are just trying to extort as much as they can for themselves like the gangsters they are out of the deal, they don’t care about piracy, their partners, NUFC or some bogus fit and proper owners test and the Saudis see this, resent this and are in a fuck you mode!

Second paragraph is amazing, reads like a villainous monologue  :lol:

Like Harvey Dent out of Batman

More dopey cunts will lose their jobs as KSA is beINs biggest market and they've had their license revoked.

They've already had job cuts and this will make it worse.

Guest godzilla

He wouldn't have a clue on that, and at the end of the day it's the the UK which are the the ones that matter. He's obviously being fed bollocks from his former beIN overloads as he certainly won't have a direct line to the Premier League