Yoshinori Mutō (now playing for Vissel Kobe)

Rich

He'll be gone in the summer

Aye I wouldn’t be surprised if we try and put Muto in some kind of deal back to Germany in the Summer.

We’ve apparently been scouting Sebastian Haller who only has 2 years left on his contract so Muto might be used in that kind of deal.

I think using the likes of Gayle, Murphy, Muto in deals for Rondon and Haller this Summer would give us a Top 10 strikeforce without having to spend a huge amount :thup:

Why would Haller come here?

It just looks likely he will move on in the Summer as he hasn’t extended his contract :thup:

Probably still on a relatively low wage as Frankfurt only payed around £5million for him from the Dutch league and he hasn’t extended so he won’t be on massive wages.

I think in terms of us Premier League football would be the huge attraction for him and the Top 6 won’t likely be a option for him.

Not surprised to read our interest in him very much a Rafa type focal point striker plays in the the same system for Frankfurt as we play.

• 7 months later...

You really hate Gayle :lol:

I don’t hate him, I hate ‘give him a chance’ shite though when we know he’s not up to it. He was barely Premier League level to begin with and is looking less and less like it now. Yesterday was hilarious see him panting after a couple of minutes and trying and failing to pull one of their players back because he couldn’t keep up with him. If we can recoup what we paid for him from someone like Leeds in January we should be all over it.

I keep forgetting he even plays for us. It's a pretty hilarious dilemma that Bruce has just no clue how to solve.

Use Joelinton as a support striker behind Gayle or Muto, see if that works as he clearly is not a natural #9.

Do so and break the Rafa system that the team are holding together on their own and watch it fall apart. :lol:

I’d say Gayle has to start when fit, he’s the only person who might get anywhere near 10 goals.

I’ve only watched one game, but Joelinton clearly can’t play the role he’s being asked.

Maybe Gayle and Almiron pretending to be Rondon/Perez, with the others going wide.

I think in order to use our current best team and give ourselves a chance to actually score a goal we may have to revert to a 4-3-2-1.

Longstaff Shortstaff

Almiron      Joelinton        ASM

Gayle

I’d say Gayle has to start when fit, he’s the only person who might get anywhere near 10 goals.

I’ve only watched one game, but Joelinton clearly can’t play the role he’s being asked.

Maybe Gayle and Almiron pretending to be Rondon/Perez, with the others going wide.

When he’s never scored more than 7 in the league, where do we suddenly get that he could get close to 10 goals? Even more after his injuries.

• 2 months later...

I’m not sure if it was because we were just so dreadful yesterday but did anyone else think this lad isn’t as much as a lost cause as his squad appearances would suggest? He looked weak in certain situations but some of his play looked decent. In the right formation and more of a close possession based setup (not ours) I think he could be a half decent player at this level.

He looked lively and got himself involved in the first half. Also much quicker than Gayle.

Completely vanished in the second half.

That's because we barely touched the ball. I thought he looked lively when he got the chance, much better than Gayle, that's for sure.

Really difficult to judge forwards when we are probably the worst passing team in the Premier.

Muto is a canny player with intelligence and movement. I believe the only reason he never got much chance with Rafa was he was apparently a bit slow to pick up English. (Probably faster than I could pick up Japanese, but there you go.)

Had a big following in Japan, probably diminished because Ashley doesn't know how to capitalise on foreign assets cos he's a barrow-boy. No idea what Bruce thinks of him or why he hasn't played, might see him again in the cup game?

• 6 months later...

Did this guy shag Bruce’s wife?

Wonder what he thinks watching Joelinton, Gayle, Ritchie and Carroll do their thing week after week and never get a kick himself...

I would be furious watching that donkey Joelinton getting game time ahead of me.