Yoshinori Mutō (now playing for Vissel Kobe)

Rich

Really think he should start instead of Perez as he simply gives the ball away in promising positions constantly ,does Rafa not trust him ?

Like 4 posts up where Rafa says he’s not a number 10?

Perez isn't a number 10 either, not does he play that role in the current setup. So its a moot point.

Has Rafa said Perez isn't a number 10?

Perez had a good run back end of last season been awful this season most of the time and Rafa has played players out of position too and have a look at the Perez thread for others thoughts on said subject

I was sort of agreeing with you tbh. Just asking Greg whether Rafa's mentioned Perez not being a number 10, because if he's said that, there's no reason Muto can't replace Perez.

Not that I'm aware of and I agree, I think Muto could do a job there. It's not a conventional playmaker number 10 in our set up (we can't afford one).

Number 10 isn't a necessary position to have on your team anyway. Our best teams in the last decade have always been 433.

Anyway - I liked him when he came on today. He offered an outlet, but we just play far far too deep for any attacking player to make an impact.

Number 10 isn't a necessary position to have on your team anyway. Our best teams in the last decade have always been 433.

Anyway - I liked him when he came on today. He offered an outlet, but we just play far far too deep for any attacking player to make an impact.

It is if you play a formation like ours, especially when Rafa wont change it.

Not if your wide players are doing the business, which they aren't. Last season we had Kenedy tearing it up on one side, if we had more pace and quality on both wings - and up front for that matter - I doubt we'd be talking about shirt numbers so much.

i'm with geordiedean myself, i can't think of a single other case in the history of top flight football in this country where a foreign player that didn't settle immediately went on to be a success

none, nada, ziltch

Does Salah count? Firmino? De Gea? Pires? Vidic?

Lucas Moura was quiet before the end of last season.

Off the top of my head.

There's loads man

i'm with geordiedean myself, i can't think of a single other case in the history of top flight football in this country where a foreign player that didn't settle immediately went on to be a success

none, nada, ziltch

Off the top of my head.

There's loads man

:pokerface:

none, nada, ziltch

Off the top of my head.

There's loads man

And one of the greatest players ever to grace British football, Dennis Bergkamp

He is a very intelligent bloke so will listen to Rafa and take things on board and make changes so that has to be a big plus. There are a lot of footballers who are thick as fuck and never learn no matter how many times coaches try to show them something different.

Muto and Perez might be a good shout today. Leicester are big but not blessed with speed.

i'd be amazed if its not Hoss and Perez, the dream team

Most striker's instinct I've seen from any of our players in a long while, hope it continues, industrious little fucker.