Yoshinori Mutō (now playing for Vissel Kobe)

Rich

Really hope he'll turn out to be amazing, but have this horrible feeling he'll be consigned to the bin of expensive foreign players who don't end up doing very much.

The likes of Maric, Andersson and Luque await you Muto! Escape whilst you can. Please.

Except he isn't expensive in the grand scheme of things, he's only expensive in the NUFC world of penny pinching.

Guest Howaythetoon

Needs to get himself to SD and get some proper boots with proper studs. Good movement I thought, but light weight.

• 3 weeks later...

Alongside the Gladiator, the Samurai will certainly rise ... just a matter of time now.

We're nearly two months into the season now, hopefully he might be ready before Christmas. If he can't get a start ahead of Joselu when Rondon's out you have to wonder if he's going to figure much at all. I would have liked to see him against Arsenal, they are probably the sort of defensively frail side he could have had some joy against.

Alongside the Gladiator, the Samurai will certainly rise ... just a matter of time now.

We're nearly two months into the season now, hopefully he might be ready before Christmas. If he can't get a start ahead of Joselu when Rondon's out you have to wonder if he's going to figure much at all. I would have liked to see him against Arsenal, they are probably the sort of defensively frail side he could have had some joy against.

Having seen him a few times now, it seems clear that Muto isn't what Rafa's looking for in a #9 and is going to deploy him in the next line (#7, #10 or #11). He hasn't shown enough to displace any of the players starting in those positions yet either. Here's hoping he does before too long...

new league, new country, new language, shit team, joselu.

howay, give him a chance.

ah the old football excuses, these don't wash with me at all he's paid to play football and that is a universal language if the lad cant get in ahead of fucking Joselu then what hope has he got of featuring much this season

Having seen him a few times now, it seems clear that Muto isn't what Rafa's looking for in a #9 and is going to deploy him in the next line (#7, #10 or #11). He hasn't shown enough to displace any of the players starting in those positions yet either. Here's hoping he does before too long...

It's Perez who is probably in front of him at the moment in that case, and he's not in great form either. That dawdling on the ball in the first half when he should have released Ritchie is becoming a trademark. I like Ayoze but he gets caught on the ball far too often.

Another complete waste of money on a player that is hardly going to feature much like the 12m spunked on Murphy

:lol: Dear me.

A late signing, new to the league, new to the country and he hasn't started in some of the toughest fixtures we could have?

Shoot him now.