Yoshinori Mutō (now playing for Vissel Kobe)

Rich

Yoshinori Muto has revealed he rejected an approach from Chelsea before signing for Newcastle United this summer as he did not want to be shunted out on loan by the London club.

Muto was approached by Chelsea two years ago, when he was playing for Mainz in Germany, but elected to remain in the Bundesliga so that he would continue to play regular first team football at a club that valued his development.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2018/08/24/yoshinori-muto-says-turned-chelsea-two-years-ago-summer-move/

Guest reefatoon

Looks all puff and no substance so far.

Not sure, he's always looking to make something happen imo. Some nice passes in the final 3rd and a willingness to get in behind/beat a man. Decent showing.

You are probably right. It’s always hard for a striker to shine in the way we play. They just end up running all over without ever getting any real chances to shine or actually attack. Would hate to be a forward for us in this team/system.

Not sure, he's always looking to make something happen imo. Some nice passes in the final 3rd and a willingness to get in behind/beat a man. Decent showing.

That's how I'm seeing it. Needs far more going on around him to capitalise on the movement.

You are probably right. It’s always hard for a striker to shine in the way we play. They just end up running all over without ever getting any real chances to shine or actually attack. Would hate to be a forward for us in this team/system.

That much is certainly true. I find it the same with Perez which is why I always air on the side of positivity with him as I think he has a thankless task in this set up for the most part and does a decent job.

Holds onto the ball for far too long but that's probably a hangover from playing in less frenetic leagues with less pace to the games, plus not being familiar with the movement of his new teammates.

His movement is good and he looks like a clever player as well. Give him a bit more time with Rafa and i reckon he'll be class.

Really hope he'll turn out to be amazing, but have this horrible feeling he'll be consigned to the bin of expensive foreign players who don't end up doing very much.

The likes of Maric, Andersson and Luque await you Muto! Escape whilst you can. Please.

Guest reefatoon

It's a thankless task being a forward for us. Far too much work in other areas and not enough chances to get in the box and score. Nothing being created and basically just chasing balls blasted up the pitch for them. All they need to do is be able to run after shadows. Such a shame as we always seem to write off our strikers, but we never really see what they can do as actual strikers with service. (Suppose Mitrovic is a case in point of letting a striker do what a striker needs to do and he will score you goals)