Yoshinori Mutō (now playing for Vissel Kobe)

Rich

We're turning Japanese,

I think we're turning Japanese,

'Cos we've got Mutō.

tune ?

Turning Japanese by the vapors surely.

:lol: Yep. What else would it possibly be?

Someone put yellow submarine above :lol: I was meant to quote that message as well.

The speed of this guy when pressing. Bellamy-esque.

do you think so?  in post posts enthusing about him running the channels i was specifically gonna say he doesn't have bellamy's pace :lol:

slightly different point you're making though, granted

I think he just looked incredibly sharp. Seems to read the game really well, so he looked to be anticipating where the ball would go and was already up to speed by the time it got there. Don't think he's Bellamy quick, but it's night and day between him and Perez. Loved to see him pointing and telling Atsu/Rondon where to move to as well, seems like a great character.

do you think so?  in post posts enthusing about him running the channels i was specifically gonna say he doesn't have bellamy's pace :lol:

I think he just looked incredibly sharp. Seems to read the game really well, so he looked to be anticipating where the ball would go and was already up to speed by the time it got there. Don't think he's Bellamy quick, but it's night and day between him and Perez. Loved to see him pointing and telling Atsu/Rondon where to move to as well, seems like a great character.

totally agree, the parallels with bellamy look there to me given how high he's looking to play and his workrate in harrying defenders etc.

really hope rafa just throws him into it asap, feels harsh on perez but this lad seems like he could have a major impact on the way the team plays to me

We're turning Japanese,

'Cos we've got Mutō.

tune ?

Someone put yellow submarine above :lol: I was meant to quote that message as well.

I was just being silly.

Very few in world football have Bellamy’s pace.

Muto is lightning quick though. Wasn’t afraid at all to take on Spurs defenders. Think this guy is gonna surprise a lot of people this season.

Rondon looked ok as well, give the lad a chance. Can’t go slagging off players because they didn’t perform miracles after coming on when we are losing.. it’ll take him a while to gel

Yeah I thought he had a decent cameo; looks like a decent understudy for Perez, even if he doesn't start from as deep a position. Hopefully he resembles good competition and both will push each other on to improve. I thought Rondon was quiet but unlucky not to score; he'll ultimately by judged on his goals. He needs to be hitting around 15 if we have aspirations of fighting for Europa League spots. I doubt he'll get close to that though.

Muto did more in his cameo than Perez did for the previous hour. I will be keen to see if he can push him out of the team.

I think I'm more interested in seeing both Perez & Muto together, rather than one or the other. I think their movement together could be a real problem for defences. Perez has always made lots of smart runs, pulling defenders out of position, and Muto seems intelligent enough to exploit spaces left.

Muto did more in his cameo than Perez did for the previous hour. I will be keen to see if he can push him out of the team.

I think I'm more interested in seeing both Perez & Muto together, rather than one or the other. I think their movement together could be a real problem for defences. Perez has always made lots of smart runs, pulling defenders out of position, and Muto seems intelligent enough to exploit spaces left.

who would you drop out of the team to accommodate that though, it'd have to ritchie or kenedy no?  i could see it being worth a try when one of them is injured/out of form mind

Eventually, once Rafa sees fit, I'd be keen to see this:

Ritchie---Perez---Kenedy

-----------Muto-----------

Sure it's not all that physical, but I can see Perez & Muto interchanging at different points in a game (one leads the line, one drops off). Early days for Muto but he seems a very comfortable footballer which will only benefit the likes of Kenedy & Ritchie as well.

Certainly don't see the use in dropping Perez just yet, he was one of our best players in the second half of last season.

:thup: Spot on that Rich, he might not have Bellamy's speed over distance, but he does look very sharp and able to run the channels, I hope it's not a false dawn, but from that little cameo, he looks like he could definitely add a new dimension to our play.

:thup: Spot on that Rich, he might not have Bellamy's speed over distance, but he does look very sharp and able to run the channels, I hope it's not a false dawn, but from that little cameo, he looks like he could definitely add a new dimension to our play.

worth bearing in mind he was up against top 6 defenders as well as opposed to bottom half cloggers

do you think so?  in post posts enthusing about him running the channels i was specifically gonna say he doesn't have bellamy's pace [emoji38]

:thup: Think he's going to be massive for us like.

We're turning Japanese,

'Cos we've got Mutō.

tune ?

That woosh smiley still lying around anywhere...