Yoshinori Mutō (now playing for Vissel Kobe)

Rich

One of the best things about Rafa is that he builds squads full of excellent character. So, even if we can only afford players with obvious technical deficiencies/limitations, he finds players who will generally relish the opportunity to improve and will fight for the shirt (Merino the only exception so far). So at least they're bringing something to the table.

It would be cool to see what he could build with even a modest transfer budget. Imagine if we could get players who were really good and really cared.

If we are expecting players like Perez and Mutu to light up the Premier league, I think we are being slightly delusional. You get what you pay for at the end of the day, and we haven't spent much on either of them when you look at today's market. Until we actually spend some proper money on strikers, Perez is still probably our best forward, although I haven't seen Mutu yet, maybe he'll turn out to be a lot better than the £9m fee would suggest.

Bro, his name is Muto :lol:

Can I ask did you expect Kenedy to perform like he did for us last season? How about Diame once moved to midifield?

You absolutely do not always get what you pay for.

How do Palace feel about Benteke right now?

How do Leicester feel having £25m Iheanacho on the bench every week? How about £15m Musa never starting games? And then being shipped out on loan?

There are absolutely no guarantees based on the fee. You can end up spending vast amounts on a player that osn't that good, or you may actually have a good player, but with a manager who has no clue.

I firmly believe that with Rafa in charge anyone he brings in will perform at their very best and will do very well for us.

I would feel a lot more confident if I was 100% convinced Muto was someone Rafa was desperate to bring in, he wasn't exactly bubbling with enthusiasm when he mentioned him. Honestly, it feels more like a squad signing at the moment, I hope I'm wrong.

Guest ElCid

If we are expecting players like Perez and Mutu to light up the Premier league, I think we are being slightly delusional. You get what you pay for at the end of the day, and we haven't spent much on either of them when you look at today's market. Until we actually spend some proper money on strikers, Perez is still probably our best forward, although I haven't seen Mutu yet, maybe he'll turn out to be a lot better than the £9m fee would suggest.

Exactly neither are what we should have as first team players in attempting to move forward. Rafa knows this and that’s why he would like to bring upgrades in unfortunately the fat cunt and his fucking useless muppet administrator persistently leave it too late/offer peanuts and then Rafa is forced to make do with targets well down his preferred list. Ultimately it’s the reason he will be gone next summer.

Looks like KaKa's had his weekly backhander into his PayPal account cleared. How many posts a week do you need to get paid for supporting Ashley's lack of investment in the club? :lol:

Looks like KaKa's had his weekly backhander into his PayPal account cleared. How many posts a week do you need to get paid for supporting Ashley's lack of investment in the club? :lol:

Mike Ashley is dense man. He doesn't realise that with average financial support his current manager could have us competing easily for the top 6 with a slight chance of even breaking into the top 4. He is wasting an incredible opportunity. Unfortunately, we are stuck with the oaf.

Now, with that said, I believe Rafa is so good that even with players down his list we will still have a team to really get behind and enjoy because we will still be competitive and fun to watch. That's all I'm saying.

I think people thinking these players are going to be terrible and therefore the team will be terrible, and the likes of Wolves, Fulham and Everton are going to put us to shame will prove to be massively inaccurate.

This isn't difficult to understand.

Now, if Rafa continues to excel even under these ridiculous conditions, maybe the fat man eventually realises that he cannot ever afford to let the guy go, and perhaps eventually does the right thing.

Alternatively, maybe someone form the outside looks at the potential of the club and what Rafa continues to achieve in such ridiculous conditions, and just throws what money Ashley wants at him, and takes us over.

I am not writing off our situation with Rafa still here that's all. Doesn't mean I'm supporting MA, but you are entitled to perceive it that way, being the dingbat that you are  :D ;)

Kaka is seeing the best in a bad deal, and why not it's the only thing we have to cling on to, it doesn't mean we can't still hate Ashley and know he's fucking us over.

The one thing i think Kaka is wrong about is Ashley realizing what he has in Rafa, Ashley is too pig headed and only cares about money, everything else is secondary. I hope Kaka is right about someone seeing the potential the club has with Rafa in charge, we all hope that now.

Mike Ashley is dense man. He doesn't realise that with average financial support his current manager could have us competing easily for the top 6 with a slight chance of even breaking into the top 4. He is wasting an incredible opportunity. Unfortunately, we are stuck with the oaf.

Now, with that said, I believe Rafa is so good that even with players down his list we will still have a team to really get behind and enjoy because we will still be competitive and fun to watch. That's all I'm saying.

I think people thinking these players are going to be terrible and therefore the team will be terrible, and the likes of Wolves, Fulham and Everton are going to put us to shame will prove to be massively inaccurate.

This isn't difficult to understand.

Now, if Rafa continues to excel even under these ridiculous conditions, maybe the fat man eventually realises that he cannot ever afford to let the guy go, and perhaps eventually does the right thing.

Alternatively, maybe someone form the outside looks at the potential of the club and what Rafa continues to achieve in such ridiculous conditions, and just throws what money Ashley wants at him, and takes us over.

I am not writing off our situation with Rafa still here that's all. Doesn't mean I'm supporting MA, but you are entitled to perceive it that way, being the dingbat that you are  :D ;)

Well, there's absolutely no way I can come back from that :lol:

Any idea what day this is likely to be concluded? I we talking Monday or some point before Friday.

Monday IS some point before Friday!😉

some point between Tuesday and Friday now?

Any idea what day this is likely to be concluded? I we talking Monday or some point before Friday.

Monday IS some point before Friday!😉

some point between Tuesday and Friday now?

Nope, still some point before Friday :thup:

I think Pérez will fare better once he returns to Spain.

I’m reluctantly in agreement with the above comments. He’s been more infuriating than he has been brilliant. But his average is simply just average and that’s nowhere near good enough for this level.

How many other teams would he be an automatic first choice?

Plenty of PL clubs would start him

6 goals and 5 assists with the shite he had in front of him is not bad at all.

6 goals is nowhere near good enough over the course of a season for a number 10

Our levels of apathy and expectation are lower than a snakes belly now

Plenty of PL clubs would start him

6 goals and 5 assists with the shite he had in front of him is not bad at all.

As Liam says it was 8 and you're right, it's not bad at all.

Pascal Gross at Brighton was viewed as one of the non-top 6 signings of the season for similar output.