Yoshinori Mutō (now playing for Vissel Kobe)

Rich

Don’t know why but I’m tickled pink we’ve got a Japanese and South Korean in the squad.

Excited to see what this guy can do under Rafa.

Exactly the same.  Despite my Korean links I'm unreasonably happy about us signing Muto. Japan were the bollocks in the world cup.

I know absolutely nothing about him, so I'd be lying if I said it was an exciting signing considering how much the really good strikers go for these days. Any new striker always gets your hopes up though. Interested to see how he gets on. :thup:

Don’t know why but I’m tickled pink we’ve got a Japanese and South Korean in the squad.

Excited to see what this guy can do under Rafa.

Funny, I've felt the same way ever since we were set to sign this lad. A Korean and a Japanese playing for Newcastle United.

I had a look on Squawka and Muto's standout stat is his shooting accuracy, about 65% over the three seasons at Mainz. He doesn't shoot much, and doesn't seem to play that much looking at the minutes played, but gets a relatively high number of those shots on target and makes them count.

Last season Muto scored 7 from 32 shots, Joselu 3 from 44, Gayle 5 from 52, Ayoze 7 from 56. All league only. Muto had 5 from 18 the season before.

Presume he can still train with us while we wait for his work permit, as just read the permit won;t be decided until late next week.

Obviously he's not going to Portugal but hope he can do some work on the training ground to get him up to speed as he'll be behind Mitrovic and Ki in terms of fitness I imagine

Different leagues though.

True, but Muto's shot accuracy and goals/shots taken are good even compared to Bundesliga stars like Lewandowski, Timo Werner and James Rodriguez. Aubameyang played in both leagues last season and his shot accuracy number actually went up after he joined Arsenal. It went bit under the radar with Arsenal's woes and Wenger going, but he's started really hot and could well be a force this season.

Anyway, if Muto can hit the target better than the scatterguns that are Joselu and Gayle, and to a lesser extent Perez, that would do nicely.

Looking forward to seeing him play. I guess this will be instead of Rondon which I’m not too disappointed with.

I think Muto will be more of a team player. And more importantly won’t be as docile as Joselu

He will be a fan favourite but not particularly prolific in front of goal. Similar to Perez.

Perez gets abused in the ground by all the old cunts who think they know best like.

He will be a fan favourite but not particularly prolific in front of goal. Similar to Perez.

Perez gets abused in the ground by all the old cunts who think they know best like.

Fucking spanish cunt. Learn how to get the bones and hair out of your bacon you stupid tosser.