Yoshinori Mutō (now playing for Vissel Kobe)

Rich

Were Kagawa and Park Ji-Sung at Manure at the same time? That's the only time recently i remember a Japanese and a Korean at the same club.

Nope they just missed each other Park left the summer Kagawa arrived.

I suspect there is a few times in Germany this has happened though.

Okazaki also played like that in Bundesliga.  Typical Japanese forward.  They may be able to play as a "striker" there but no way they could replicate that in EPL, just like Okazaki would never be able to lead the line.

They are excellent supporting casts behind the main striker though.

Well I don't think there's any way we've bought him to play as the main striker, he looks like he'll be the supporting striker like Perez  - although whether he's an improvement on Perez might be debatable.

Why are there so many Asian players in the Bundesliga compared to other European leagues?

I think it's just a historical thing. The first Koreans/Japanese to go over did really well so other clubs started investigating those markets plus the players are cheap so it's low risk.

Bit like how there used to be loads of Scando's in the PL back in the day.

Okazaki also played like that in Bundesliga.  Typical Japanese forward.  They may be able to play as a "striker" there but no way they could replicate that in EPL, just like Okazaki would never be able to lead the line.

They are excellent supporting casts behind the main striker though.

Well I don't think there's any way we've bought him to play as the main striker, he looks like he'll be the supporting striker like Perez  - although whether he's an improvement on Perez might be debatable.

Think we'll play a mixture behind the striker, lot of hard work and movement.

Kenedy, Perez, Murphy, Muto, Ritchie, Atsu, Aarons (if he stays) isn't a bad set of options imo.

If we'd just spend some cunting money on a legit striker I think we'd have a canny team myself, though some better full back options would be good mind.

So why cant he play up front? Is this a typical "He's small so he needs to be number 10" thing?

Aye, nowt to do with his below-average goalscoring record in a worse league.

Joselu's is worse over there but I don't see people suggesting he convert to a number 10.

So why cant he play up front? Is this a typical "He's small so he needs to be number 10" thing?

He can play there just like what Perez did. I don't think that's what you want as a "striker" in EPL though.

Mutos quick and wants to run in behind defenders doesn't he?  Sounds like gayle replacement more than perez, both could play with latter dropping back and doing the hold up work which he isn't that suited for really but don't see them as that similar from descriptions.