Yoshinori Mutō (now playing for Vissel Kobe)

Rich

Just noticed Spurs are losing Son to the Asian games - wonder what the deal with Ki and Muto is?

They are like the Olympics, so can only bring 3 players over 23 (or something like that), so don't think either of them will be going.

Just noticed Spurs are losing Son to the Asian games - wonder what the deal with Ki and Muto is?

They are like the Olympics, so can only bring 3 players over 23 (or something like that), so don't think either of them will be going.

Neither have been called up. Even if they were, we can refuse yo let them go.

We will likely lose both to the Asian Cup for one month early next year though. Which is why we cannot afford to let Hayden leave.

Neither have been called up. Even if they were, we can refuse yo let them go.

We will likely lose both to the Asian Cup for one month early next year though. Which is why we cannot afford to let Hayden leave.

Suspect Ki will announce his international retirement soonish

Some of the goals remind me of Chicharito. A lot of tap-ins.

Looking at the videos, the comparisons with Bellamy look way off, he does look more of a nippy striker around the box like Okazaki.

Okazaki also played like that in Bundesliga.  Typical Japanese forward.  They may be able to play as a "striker" there but no way they could replicate that in EPL, just like Okazaki would never be able to lead the line.

They are excellent supporting casts behind the main striker though.

From my extensive 5 minutes of scouting, I love the fact that he seems to be genuinely two footed.  Makes a refreshing change to see a player willing to shift it onto their 'weaker' foot to fashion a chance or to go early on either side to make sure they get a shot off.  I mean, everywhere says he is right footed?  But seemed to score more off his left, yet neither looked particularly unnatural for him. 

Also seemed to steal a lot of goals from other people and very nearly miss some tap ins :lol: