2018/19 Fixtures

That's an awful fixture list, Rafa hasn't won either of the first two games of the season in his previous two seasons with us. We've got to play better than last year's first game against Spuds, that one was really depressing because Spuds weren't that great on the day and had Shelvey not been sent off we could have picked up something from it. But we were a little too respectful of them on the day I think. Cardiff away, next up is the game you really don't want either, newly promoted side first home game, sounds a little too similar to Huddersfield away 2nd game of last season. Then of course it just keeps on coming, Arsenal and Chelsea will both be out for revenge on us, we never get anything from Man City. Then a trip to Manure , another least favourite destination on game day 8. We could very well be bottom early on. Honestly this rigged fixture list compilation that the PL does is wrong and should be looked at.

Probably gonna be down low after the first few weeks with the media speculation about Rafa walking after yet another transfer window shambles being in overdrive.

Mint.

One of the reasons I thought the Chelsea game was so important even though it wasn't really...you get the "Newcastle in turmoil after no wins in 10" if we hadn't.

much rather have a really difficult start of the season than a really easy one. First few games are always a lottery, if you do what Palace did last season it can fuck your entire year up. Plus rafa's teams always get better through the season and its a world cup year so a lot of the top 6's players will probably be returning pretty knackered.

Just done a predictions chart mapping the relative difficulty of each part of the season (based on opponents’ finishing position last year and whether home or away). Worked quite well last year (surprisingly). Three quarters of the season were reasonably accurate (predicted 40 points overall, got 40 points). Just the second quarter (9 games in Nov-Dec) let it down: predicted 11 points, got 4. If someone would be so kind as to advise me how to post a chart from Excel on here I shall share my clairvoyance for the collective enjoyment and/or ridicule  O0

Rafa is a strategist and that might save us, but with a lot of managers, that fixture list would put them under probably terminal pressure. At one stage last season, weren't we the only team in the bottom seven or eight who hadn't changed manager? There might have been two teams, but I think it was one.

I think fixtures are one of those things in football that are supposed to even out, but don't.

Rafa is a strategist and that might save us, but with a lot of managers, that fixture list would put them under probably terminal pressure. At one stage last season, weren't we the only team in the bottom seven or eight who hadn't changed manager? There might have been two teams, but I think it was one.

I think fixtures are one of those things in football that are supposed to even out, but don't.

There were only 4 teams in the bottom 8 that didn't change manager, the three promoted Teams and Bournemouth.

Initial live TV selections won't be revealed until a date yet to be confirmed in July. Last year it was July 6th. Here are the spurious dates being given by the Premier League, all to be taken with bucket-loads of salt:

Aug/Sep - 6th July

Oct/Nov - 7th August

Dec/Jan - 12th October

Feb - 12th December

Mar - 25th January

Apr - 22nd February

May - 5th April

Last game - After the penultimate game

• 2 weeks later...

The first batch of TV fixtures will be revealed on July 6 and there’s a good chance that a clutch of Newcastle's first five matches will be played out in front of the live cameras.

• 2 weeks later...

At least with the Spurs game they are a known quantity. It was close enough last season until Shelvey fucked our chances.

Even saying that, we lasted almost 15 minutes before they scored. And that was after Lejeune got done by Kane.

Could be perfect way to get a point on the board. Then it gets ugly for a few weeks.. if we can scrape through that still breathing, then there’s a chance to start building points. We have a far better November and December than last season.

• 3 weeks later...